Kifaru Stryker vs MR Cabinet

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a Mystery Ranch Cabinet and a Kifaru 44 Mag. I use the Cabinet on my archery hunts and early season rifle hunts while the 44 Mag I use for summer backpacking trips and late rifle hunting. I like a more compact pack for archery hunting with the ability to haul meat. The Cabinet has been a great pack but sometimes I wish it had more internal compartment space. According to specs, the Cabinet has more cubic inches but I'm sure that includes the side pockets. I am guessing the main compartment on the Cabinet is smaller than the compartment on the Stryker. The side pockets on the Cabinet are hard to access without unbuckling the side compression straps which gets kind of annoying. I like the fact that you can put the compression straps on the back of the Stryker so you can cinch it down without compressing the main compartment. Does anyone have experience with both of these packs? Which one do you like better?

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
The cabinet has more than double the space than the Stryker. That is my only complaint in the Stryker, if the main bag was 2000 cui it would be much better

hunting1

WKR
Just ordered the Stryker but loved the Cabinet bag just not the frame. Good thing about the stryker is all the pals on the frame, you can add bags, whatever so the size to me is perfect.

I think I have a problem or have too many packs :)

prm

WKR
Caveat, I don’t have the packs you’re comparing to the Stryker though I used other packs. I prefer the smaller bag of the Stryker. It’s plenty big for all my day hunt stuff. When I need volume I add a separate bag on the shelf.

I think the Stryker is a perfect size for a daypack. I run mine with a large and medium pocket on the outside for my 15s and first aid, everything else fits in the bag and I’ll slip my tripod into the load sling. Packed a full quartered blacktail back in August and it was extremely easy to load it all up.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
It’s just a little tight for an all day hang and hunt with extra layers. Doable though.
c76a5fe6ddc33dc671219eee247ae8be.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
B

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
The cabinet has more than double the space than the Stryker. That is my only complaint in the Stryker, if the main bag was 2000 cui it would be much better
I saw that, I just find that all the space isn't usable on the cabinet when you have something on the load shelf with the straps cinched down. It makes it pretty difficult to get things out of the bag. Thanks for all the replies.

I searched and tried out over 20 packs this past year and finally settled on the Stryker. There is not a more versatile pack out there. Like most I bought a large and medium pouch for outside. Kifaru frames are so damn comfortable it’s not a contest in that department. Yea it was expensive but you don’t realize how good it is until you try one on and see the quality. Plus Multicam cordura gives me wet dreams.