Kifaru Stryker XL + Camp Bag

I am interested in using a roll-top dry bag with my Stryker XL. I want to use it the same as if I was using the Kifaru camp bag with the Stryker but I want something with a larger capacity, roughly 100 liters. (Picture attached for reference) My thoughts are if I use the roll-top bag I gain the ability to drop my camp once I get to a good location without having to empty out my pack and risk things getting wet if it rains. Also, I don’t have to switch packs on and off my frame during the trip. I can keep the Stryker on and use it for both. Has anyone done this and if so, what roll-top dry bag would you suggest? Also, would anyone suggest not doing this and going with something like the hooligan pack and switching packs once at camp?

Attachments

• 0E9150F9-73AB-4F18-886D-BB6687D226ED.jpeg
    0E9150F9-73AB-4F18-886D-BB6687D226ED.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 40
I've been doing the same thing with my Stryker and a 55L Earthpak dry sack. The Earthpak comes with some straps on it that I just cut off and it works pretty well. I've used it for a couple camping trips here in the Midwest and it works really well even though the bag does stick out pretty far from my back. With that said I'll probably pony up for a larger bag before elk season and just run my camp in a lighter weight dry or stuff sack inside the larger bag.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Scoot

WKR
The way you're describing using your Stryker is how I use my Nomad. I like this approach. I think the Nomad is set up a little better for this since it doesn't push the main bag so far off your back, but I think your plan will work well.

I didn’t like the stryker/dry bag set up, felt like it put the weight too far back. Went to a 44 mag for longer trips and kept the stryker as a day pack.