Kifaru Stryker XL or 22 Mag Gen 2

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking for a smaller daypack to complement my 44 Mag and think I have it narrowed down to these two. It would be used mostly for Midwest deer and turkey hunts, as well as some day hunts out west. I don't hang and hunt often but do carry camera gear on most deer hunts. The load sling of the Stryker looks like it would be nice to carry camera arm and base, turkey decoys, blind chair, heavier jacket, etc; but I like the layout of the 22 Mag more. I have a Sherman pocket that I could add on as well. Any thoughts from those that have used one or both of these?

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Stryker gen 2, shape charge, Sherman pocket with a 22 mag and another shape charge on order. The Stryker is a little small especially for the amount of camera gear you have. For whitetail and turkey hunts in the Northwoods of Michigan I love my shape charge with Sherman. I think the 22 mag is going to be a perfect day hunt out west pack and the layout is spectacular and similar to the 44 mag and shape charge. Whatever you choose grab one now while there on sale.

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Love my 22 mag use it all the time. I've never used the stryker. After comparing to my buddy's I think the stryker would be obnoxious the way it sags down and is some what loose due to how it attaches.

OP
aaron14

aaron14

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Stryker gen 2, shape charge, Sherman pocket with a 22 mag and another shape charge on order. The Stryker is a little small especially for the amount of camera gear you have. For whitetail and turkey hunts in the Northwoods of Michigan I love my shape charge with Sherman. I think the 22 mag is going to be a perfect day hunt out west pack and the layout is spectacular and similar to the 44 mag and shape charge. Whatever you choose grab one now while there on sale.
I don't have that much camera gear that I'm worried about it fitting, just thinking the load sling would be better for carrying an arm or tripod than lashing it to the outside. And yes, definitely looking to make my decision soon with the sale going on. Thanks!

I have or have had all 3. Sold the 22 mag because I just didn’t find it different enough from the 44 to justify keeping it. The extra size in the 44 compresses down if not needed - and I also didn’t like the way the 22 mag fit the duplex lite 24 frame. I use the Stryker xl more than any of them. Id say the 22 mag is easily the least versatile of the 3. If you want to be in the 2200-2300 range, go with the Hellbender.

Last edited:

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
for my daypack use and gear carried, love the 22Mag Gen-2. Has the meat shelf option, comes in handy. Carries load close to your torso too. Combined with large pockets and a Sherman pocket, can even carry gear for 1 or 2 nights spike camp out if needed. On my 26" frame, I like how other gear can be strapped underneath the pack.

Attachments

• Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman 2 resize.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman 2 resize.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman laid out 2 resz.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 w.Sherman laid out 2 resz.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Kifaru 22MagG2 Sherman open binocs resz.JPG
    Kifaru 22MagG2 Sherman open binocs resz.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited: