Kifaru Stryker

prm

WKR
FYI, I was cleaning out hunting stuff and found an old Eberlestock Spike Camp Duffel bag. Turns out it’s a perfect fit in the Stryker. Then added two straps on the bottom to hold a sleeping bag, one end connects to bottom of frame and the other to the Stryker. This pack just gets better the more I use it.A969ED77-9649-4327-B5F2-F00901D0457F.jpeg

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
FYI, I was cleaning out hunting stuff and found an old Eberlestock Spike Camp Duffel bag. Turns out it’s a perfect fit in the Stryker. Then added two straps on the bottom to hold a sleeping bag, one end connects to bottom of frame and the other to the Stryker. This pack just gets better the more I use it.
Sweet, I've hit that same duffel!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NEhunter

WKR
Stryker in turkey hunt mode, carrying my blind, chair, decoy, and dead gobbler.

a7cd18df9bf8061622f132cdcbbc7188.jpg

ca8d497031028d6fd9a39ff40708f665.jpg

6db1a5b22868680db8c692a98901ef21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Sweet pic and congrats on the bird! Seeing pictures like that make me want to buy a used gen 1 nomad/grab it combo like I used to have. I think the nomad exceled as a blind/gear hauler because the load could be lowered some and not get crazy wide.

WoodBow

WKR
Sweet pic and congrats on the bird! Seeing pictures like that make me want to buy a used gen 1 nomad/grab it combo like I used to have. I think the nomad exceled as a blind/gear hauler because the load could be lowered some and not get crazy wide.
I have a cb nomad 1 i want to sell. Pm if interested. $150 tyd? It is like new other than that i modded it so it can function like a nomad 2. Can send pics.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wesfromky

WKR
Didn't get it in time for last year, but I took my 22mag up a few times without problem. My plan, though, is to use the sherman loaded with what I need with an attached shoulder strap to go up into the tree with me, and leave the stryker at the base.

Jcros

FNG
Too bad you couldn't marry the stryker and 22 mg. The Gen 2 22 mag bag with the cargo panel like the stryker.

Jcros

FNG
Actually now that you said that, I should do my native that way and leave te 22 mag alone.

Did few test runs with it this week with my saddle hunting rig this week. Climbed with it on with my bow attached as I put sticks up. Worked great. I made a paracord handle to. Hang it from. Had a fanatic jacket and arctic shield boot covers in the main bag.
d215e37842939ea9ae894a62b72dd98c.jpg

30605b0d8c1e85a8bb6a9cff02cc20d4.jpg
Couple of questions about the Stryker. I have been researching all the different packs trying to come up with a system that will optimize my saddle hunting setup. I have the Predator platform and 4 Shikar 17" climbing sticks (folded up overall size 26"). I mostly plan on packing just one sticking and rappelling down. I'm looking for a pack that is comfortable for long hikes. Plus once at the tree, I can access my one stick quick, quietly and easily start climbing (preferably without have to take the pack off my back). Then once at height easily reach around and grab my platform. Do you think that my one stick will fit inside the cargo panel pocket and be secure enough while hiking in. Would it then be easily accessible without taking the pack off? Can you tell me how you secured your predator platform to the cargo panel? Can you reach around and pull it out with the pack on your back? Once at height, I believed you mentioned that the pack doesn't obstruct your view? Does it collapse down against the tree nicely or does it ride out due to the belt and straps? Is it noisy? I've a had MR pack and it was extremely noisy especially when cold. It's like opening a bag of Doritos every time you get in the pack. Also I would like to be able to pack in my Sitka Fanatic Jacket and Bibs on those cold days. I think from the looks of it I could just put those on top of the platform in the cargo area. I have a Stika toolbox and it's quite and comfortable but just isn't setup for the stick, platform and extra layers. I'm hoping that the information will help me finalize my search and will be the saddle hunting one stick ultimate pack solution.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Couple of questions about the Stryker. I have been researching all the different packs trying to come up with a system that will optimize my saddle hunting setup. I have the Predator platform and 4 Shikar 17" climbing sticks (folded up overall size 26"). I mostly plan on packing just one sticking and rappelling down. I'm looking for a pack that is comfortable for long hikes. Plus once at the tree, I can access my one stick quick, quietly and easily start climbing (preferably without have to take the pack off my back). Then once at height easily reach around and grab my platform. Do you think that my one stick will fit inside the cargo panel pocket and be secure enough while hiking in. Would it then be easily accessible without taking the pack off? Can you tell me how you secured your predator platform to the cargo panel? Can you reach around and pull it out with the pack on your back? Once at height, I believed you mentioned that the pack doesn't obstruct your view? Does it collapse down against the tree nicely or does it ride out due to the belt and straps? Is it noisy? I've a had MR pack and it was extremely noisy especially when cold. It's like opening a bag of Doritos every time you get in the pack. Also I would like to be able to pack in my Sitka Fanatic Jacket and Bibs on those cold days. I think from the looks of it I could just put those on top of the platform in the cargo area. I have a Stika toolbox and it's quite and comfortable but just isn't setup for the stick, platform and extra layers. I'm hoping that the information will help me finalize my search and will be the saddle hunting one stick ultimate pack solution.

You are going to have a hard time finding a pack that allows you to grab your stick and platform once you reach the tree without taking the pack off and still have it secure and quiet while walking in. If that is important to you the I would look into stick talons and the Genesis 3d printed stick and platform holders. I don't believe the pocket on the back of the cargo panel would fit a stick. It doesn't open wide and is not as deep as the back panel.

I have a gear tie ran through the pals on the cargo panel. I lay the platform on the panel and run each end of the gear tie through either side of the platform and then stack my sticks side by side on top of it. The gear tie sinches them tight to keep everything quiet and then I run one strap over the top of that.

You can fit a fanatic jacket or bibs in the main bag, the other would have to go on the cargo panel on top of the platform /stick. I have a large and medium belt pouch on the front incase I need to do this and still have plenty of room for everything else I need. (Added the large after this post).

When the bag is empty, the frame and bag are only a few inches thick so unless you have it stuffed full it's not an issue at all. It is much lower profile when empty than a sitka toolbox.

It's Cordura so it's not super quiet, no different than any other frame pack. You'll have to move slower and be more careful but I have no issue using it in the whitetail woods.

This is a great pack and it's my favorite in almost 30 years of hunting but here are the main reasons I will be using it for whitetail

1. I also do a little western hunting so this checks 2 boxes for me. One system that will adapt to work for everything.

2. Some areas I hunt whitetail are very hilly with long hikes where I will likely pack out a deer rather than drag it.

3. Carrying decoys, tripods, chairs. I also have 12 year old that hunts so I carry extra gear for those and the cargo panel works great.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this pack but it's definitely overkill for easy/moderate walks in carrying only one stick and a platform. If that's all you are doing you could spend a lot less money and rig something up with a cheaper pack and some of the 3d printed products or stick talons. This pack shines if you need to carry large, awkward or heavy loads in the cargo panel. Good luck!

Do you know if the Cordura on the Kifaru is quieter than the Cordura on say a Mystery Ranch pack. I had a MR TerraFrame 50 pack and it was super loud especially in cold weather and the frame was really bulky up in the tree and I hoping that the Kifaru Stryker is quieter and that Stryker with the frame are more compact.

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know if the Cordura on the Kifaru is quieter than the Cordura on say a Mystery Ranch pack. I had a MR TerraFrame 50 pack and it was super loud especially in cold weather and the frame was really bulky up in the tree and I hoping that the Kifaru Stryker is quieter and that Stryker with the frame are more compact.

Cordura is pretty much all the same unless you're taking about different weights. Unless the MR was 1000D it's probably going to be very similar. The Stryker is definitely very compact

The MR say 330D Lite Plus and I can tell you when you get into the pack is sounds just like when you reach your hand in a bag of Doritos. Im hoping the Kifaru is made out of a quieter Cordura.