Kifaru Stryker

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
The MR say 330D Lite Plus and I can tell you when you get into the pack is sounds just like when you reach your hand in a bag of Doritos. Im hoping the Kifaru is made out of a quieter Cordura.

If its 330 then yes it will be much more crinklely than the 500 that kifaru is

stump06

WKR
@BrianSHT2020 I used a shape charge last year as my main bag and paired a Sherman up with it. I put my predator between the bag and the Sherman and tightened it down. When I got to hunting height I would reach back and unclip one side buckle and grab my predator. Worked really well so that may be an option for you. The shape charge carried won't carry weight as well as a frame but I packed out several deer last year with no issues. I have the Stryker this year and plan on running it with the bane. Leaving the Stryker at the base of the tree and going up with the bane. I'll have the predator attached to the molle on my saddle

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
So I finally pulled the trigger on a Stryker after much hemming and hawing between it and the 22 Mag. The 22 Mag not having a bladder sleeve did it in for me. This would replace a Fulcrum for day hunts, with which I've been very happy but I disliked having to deal with straps and having everything flop around if I unbuckled one thing.

My initial impressions upon securing the bag to the frame was "Oh F***, another floppy turd" , however I use some extra buckles to secure the bottom of the pack to the frame, I ran the k- clips for the top straps directly from frame to pack, keeping the straps attached but stowed, and I scavenged a pair of k-clips for frame to pack loops in center.

It now functions more as a daypack with the ability to convert to a cargo panel, than cargo panel with a daypack attached. This will work best for me as the bag doesn't immediately start flopping when the compression straps are unbuckled.
20200519_200318.jpg20200519_200332.jpg20200519_200338.jpg

On a side note, does anyone know where I can source the older slimmer K-clips? I'm sure kifaru had a reason for switching but I hate these big bulky ones.

GMC

Lil-Rokslider
Breckenridge how much did that friggin bear weigh? You are a beast! Were you happy with the performance of the Stryker?

Acpinn

WKR
I'm not having much success so I was wonfering if anyone with a Stryker knows what size water bladder will fit in the hydration sleeve or could provide width and height of the sleeve.

Steadman

WKR
I have a Geigerrigg bladder it's a 3 liter and the dimensions are 7 1/2"x 16" long. It fits in the bag sleeve as well as the cargo sleeve right next to the frame.

MattB

WKR
I’m not following how they are getting 1800 cu in out of: 21”x11”x4.5” = 1039.5 cu in.

Clarification needed. Thanks.

Using that math to derive volume, a zip lock bag's volume would be 0.

I'm not having much success so I was wonfering if anyone with a Stryker knows what size water bladder will fit in the hydration sleeve or could provide width and height of the sleeve.

Both of my Source 3L bladders fit my Stryker - I’ve got the normal 3L and the wide model. I’ve tried the pocket and hanging inside the pack body, all good. Unless you’re trying to hang an MSR Dromedary or something weird, you should be good with most 3L systems.

Acpinn

WKR
Both of my Source 3L bladders fit my Stryker - I’ve got the normal 3L and the wide model. I’ve tried the pocket and hanging inside the pack body, all good. Unless you’re trying to hang an MSR Dromedary or something weird, you should be good with most 3L systems.
Thanks, appreciate the input!

prm

WKR
Old thread, but I have a question I haven’t adequately answered yet. I am considering adding a Sherman to my Stryker. Primary purpose would be to hold 15x56 binos and perhaps my puffy glassing gloves. I want to be able to use it as a Grab-it for my tent as well. When not being used as a Grab-it, I want it snug, not floppy. How are you attaching the Sherman? Edit: I don’t have the Sherman yet so I can’t just experiment.

Old thread, but I have a question I haven’t adequately answered yet. I am considering adding a Sherman to my Stryker. Primary purpose would be to hold 15x56 binos and perhaps my puffy glassing gloves. I want to be able to use it as a Grab-it for my tent as well. When not being used as a Grab-it, I want it snug, not floppy. How are you attaching the Sherman? Edit: I don’t have the Sherman yet so I can’t just experiment.

Interesting thought... I’ve got both but use them on different packs. I played with the mounting points to see if they line up - the inside tab on the bottom of the Sherman matches the bottom loops on the Stryker. Likewise, the top loop point on the Sherman also aligns with the upper attachment points. So - in theory - it will “work” on paper.

After looking at this, though, I think you’ll either wind up stacking straps (adding weight or making a clunky setup) or giving up some of your compression of the Stryker bag to the frame, which we need to keep it snug. Adding a Sherman to the outside of a bag that’s already the far side of a load sling could get a little cumbersome and Clampety. Thinking how much weight a set of 15x56 would put that far outboard, it’s hard to see how you will avoid sagging. But... I’m far from knowing everything so these are just a few thoughts. These bags invite imagination, though, so don’t let me dissuade you. Given the tinker factor that runs high with Kifaru users, I’m sure someone tried it and I’m as curious as you are to hear how it may (or not) have worked.

I carried my Stryker all season during archery in September and found it to be a fantastic day hunting bag out here in the west (Colorado). I resisted the urge to add pouches to the outside of the pack bag and, instead, use a medium and large belt pouch on the interior panel for my kill kit and game bags. That system worked really well for me and kept the outside of the bag slick, which helped keep me from getting snagged up when bushwhacking.

The pics show the attachment points and how I set up the belt pouches on the interior panel. And yep... I hit that Camofire deal yesterday and ordered a full set of Highlander pouches to build out my day hunting rig, because there can be only one... 😏
(If anyone has a line on a bottle pocket in Highlander, hit me up in the PMs)

Attachments

• 818479C9-7755-4B45-A95D-97F68535448F.jpeg
    818479C9-7755-4B45-A95D-97F68535448F.jpeg
    426 KB · Views: 100
  • 5F489BD3-72B5-461A-AD7C-EED8FF3E17B3.jpeg
    5F489BD3-72B5-461A-AD7C-EED8FF3E17B3.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 103

prm

WKR
Thanks for sharing. I too share concerns of the weight being too far out. Not so much in day mode, but when my large bag is on the meat shelf during pack-in. I am generally very anti-extra pockets, so this is an odd idea for me to pursue. I do love the Stryker pack though. It is exactly what I wanted in a pack and it didn’t disappoint during 1st rifle elk.
I‘m upgrading my glassing capability with 15s and a tripod and looking at how to best accommodate these items. I was pretty maxed out with 5-6 days of stuff in the Stryker and 55l bag. No question I can make it work though.

edit: considering a pocket (smaller than Sherman, big enough for 15s) on the interior. Need to think how that would work when packing in or hauling meat. If I keep it up high it might work pretty well.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I too share concerns of the weight being too far out. Not so much in day mode, but when my large bag is on the meat shelf during pack-in. I am generally very anti-extra pockets, so this is an odd idea for me to pursue. I do love the Stryker pack though. It is exactly what I wanted in a pack and it didn’t disappoint during 1st rifle elk.
I‘m upgrading my glassing capability with 15s and a tripod and looking at how to best accommodate these items. I was pretty maxed out with 5-6 days of stuff in the Stryker and 55l bag. No question I can make it work though.

edit: considering a pocket (smaller than Sherman, big enough for 15s) on the interior. Need to think how that would work when packing in or hauling meat. If I keep it up high it might work pretty well.

Right on. I’m fortunate to have a 44 Mag for backpacking and longer trips into the woods, so my “need” to add pockets to my Stryker is pretty minor as it’s pretty much a day-hunting pack.
That said, I’m a bit of an organization freak, so having the M & L pockets on the “meat” side keeps things tidy for me. My only harvest this year was a drag-out but I thought about having those pockets next to a meat sack or a camp bag, too. For what I keep there, it wasn’t going to be an issue.

When you mentioned 15x56 binos, I measured out the large belt pouch - it’s got the length (maybe) but I’m not sure it’s deep enough but it may work. Up high, I think you’d be OK as long as you don’t mind unclipping the top to get to them; probably a non-issue since that’s more of a sit and glass situation.
An alternative to the Sherman out front or the two-pocket setup on the inside might be the Claymore or the Large Compression Pocket mounted in either location. Those both mount tight to the bag. At 18” long, the compression panel may be a bit big, though. Just a few more thoughts since you got my inner gear nerd thinking.

Thanks for the chat - makes me want to be outside sitting in the woods again!!