Kifaru Stryker

oldgoat

WKR
Dang!! That's how they should have made the mtn rambler! I'd donate my rambler to science if it could crossbreed with the stryker. Give me the zipper access and pals load panel of the stryker and the extra CI and side pockets of the rambler.

Good looking, and very tempting pack for short trips and day hunts.
That's my thoughts, but crossed with a Nomad, put a couple of slot pockets on the sides for walking sticks, tripods etc. Only thing keeping me from ordering this is I already have a Cargo Panel with a large Side Pocket mounted to it, pretty close to same thing except for how it zips!

colersu22

WKR
What bag could you attach to a cargo panel to best simulate the Stryker?

it will be less volume but you could attach a native to the cargo panel with a couple medium or large belt pockets attacked to the native. I have been using just a native attached to a 24” frame for scouting and day hunts this year and it works great and I can just sandwich meat between the frame and native to pack out. I will admit that after a few trips I did add the Sherman pocket more as a grab it but just has some snacks in it to make them easier to grab.

The native with 2 medium pockets is on the left in the picture. I set it up so I can just unbuckle it from the frame and have the upgraded Omni shoulder pads so I can use it that way on a stalk if need be.

Attachments

• 36235DF5-3781-40F9-9FEC-51C89ECD828E.jpeg
    36235DF5-3781-40F9-9FEC-51C89ECD828E.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 292
Ranger Green was an option. For some reason it was removed today. Word is it will be back in the new year....not sure why.
If Kifaru is testing the sales of the pack before making it in camo, I bet they already sold out of the limited number they made in ranger green.

prm

WKR
Has anyone received theirs yet, or asked when they will ship? I will call, just checking here first.

I am planning on getting a kifaru next year as a getting out of the military gift. I think the Stryker may be perfect for me with the ability to carry stands and blinds, as well as using a camp bag for longer hunts.
I just have one question for the people with much more experience than me. Would the Stryker with the camp bag be as good for a week or more hunt for muleys or elk? Or would it be worth buying a larger bag for those style hunts?

Brendan

WKR
I am planning on getting a kifaru next year as a getting out of the military gift. I think the Stryker may be perfect for me with the ability to carry stands and blinds, as well as using a camp bag for longer hunts.
I just have one question for the people with much more experience than me. Would the Stryker with the camp bag be as good for a week or more hunt for muleys or elk? Or would it be worth buying a larger bag for those style hunts?

It'd work fine. You'd just put a bunch of gear - Camp, food, etc in a camp bag or dry bag and drop that at your spike camp if that's how you're hunting. Day gear in the pack section, and if you get an animal it goes in the cargo panel portion. But, it all comes down to personal preference what you like best.

Keep in mind, you need the frame to go with the Stryker, they are purchased separately.

It'd work fine. You'd just put a bunch of gear - Camp, food, etc in a camp bag or dry bag and drop that at your spike camp if that's how you're hunting. Day gear in the pack section, and if you get an animal it goes in the cargo panel portion. But, it all comes down to personal preference what you like best.

Keep in mind, you need the frame to go with the Stryker, they are purchased separately.
Yes I understand all that. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks man!

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider

The Striker and camp bag will work for multi-day hunts but if you want to pack out both your camp and meat at the same time it might get a little awkward because the camp bag fits in the cargo area where the meat will also go. You might be able to fit both the camp bag and meat in the cargo area at the same but if not, you will have to strap the camp bag to the outside of the Striker which could be done with a grab-it. A larger pack won't have this issue..

The Striker and camp bag will work for multi-day hunts but if you want to pack out both your camp and meat at the same time it might get a little awkward because the camp bag fits in the cargo area where the meat will also go. You might be able to fit both the camp bag and meat in the cargo area at the same but if not, you will have to strap the camp bag to the outside of the Striker which could be done with a grab-it. A larger pack won't have this issue..
Good point. I had been kicking around the idea of a grabit to carry my bow for long hikes anyways.
Thanks for the reply.

I was told it's the smaller webbing. The bikini uses 3/4" as opposed to regular 1" straps, so the clips can't attach properly. Might need to rig something up?

The only 3/4” webbing I have on my bikini is the load lifter straps and the straps that run from the belt to the shoulder harness. Both of which you wouldn’t need for attachment.

All the side attachment loops and common loops are standard 1”. Never had a problem attaching any bag or cargo panel to my bikini frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk