Kifaru Stryker

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
They told me yesterday that they are going to wait and look at sales before they offer it in camo, even then it won't be until next year. I know sales will be one less than it could be. I'll buy one AS SOON AS they crank one out in Multicam.

Conrad

FNG
Last night I loaded up my Antero with the following to mimic a daypack loaf in the Stryker:

Puffy, sitka jet stream jacket, rain gear, kill kit, paratarp, fire and first aid still had enough room for snacks.

I don’t own a pair of 15x binos yet but I’m considering them for mule deer. Is anyone else considering the Stryker for western hunts roughly a week long. With light compact gear and a good camp bag (OR, Kifaru, etc) is the Stryker viable or pushing it? I feel like I can get camp and food in but wonder if I’m pushing it when it comes to carrying day gear, tripod and bigger binos. I don’t plan on carrying spotter and big binos. I think it is very doable for archery elk, more concerned about more optics and/or rifle seasons. It seems with exterior pouches whether carried on the outside or inner panel one could make it work.

Or am I pushing it and it’s easier to just throw and go with a larger bag?

Thanks!

Last night I loaded up my Antero with the following to mimic a daypack loaf in the Stryker:

Puffy, sitka jet stream jacket, rain gear, kill kit, paratarp, fire and first aid still had enough room for snacks.

I don’t own a pair of 15x binos yet but I’m considering them for mule deer. Is anyone else considering the Stryker for western hunts roughly a week long. With light compact gear and a good camp bag (OR, Kifaru, etc) is the Stryker viable or pushing it? I feel like I can get camp and food in but wonder if I’m pushing it when it comes to carrying day gear, tripod and bigger binos. I don’t plan on carrying spotter and big binos. I think it is very doable for archery elk, more concerned about more optics and/or rifle seasons. It seems with exterior pouches whether carried on the outside or inner panel one could make it work.

Or am I pushing it and it’s easier to just throw and go with a larger bag?

Thanks!

Im looking at getting it for the same purposes. With a large compression pocket and the camp bag you’ll be right at 6400 cubic inches which is more than enough space for a week. Add a bane pack as a lid and be over 7500 inches. I would treat the camp bag as a throw and go for food, camp gear and extra clothes, then use the main bag and pockets for day gear and optics.

What bag could you attach to a cargo panel to best simulate the Stryker?

Maybe a spotter pocket and a medium or large belt pocket? Or a guide lid with a pocket on it? Or a large or medium old style side pockets?
The problem would be if you do not already have any of these, acquiring them would probably put you in the same range as just buying the stryker.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Maybe a spotter pocket and a medium or large belt pocket? Or a guide lid with a pocket on it? Or a large or medium old style side pockets?
The problem would be if you do not already have any of these, acquiring them would probably put you in the same range as just buying the stryker.

I already own a cargo panel. To me the Stryker looks amazing and I may try one, however to be a treestand option, the bag section needs to easily disconnect from the frame to go up the tree.

I'm just thinking out loud. Unfortunately for my bank account, I'll probably buy this bag. Lol

I already own a cargo panel. To me the Stryker looks amazing and I may try one, however to be a treestand option, the bag section needs to easily disconnect from the frame to go up the tree.

I'm just thinking out loud. Unfortunately for my bank account, I'll probably buy this bag. Lol

I have a cargo panel as well. I use any and all of the options I mentioned above in varying scenarios. I do not hunt out of tree stands though.
Sounds like a guide lid and pocket, or hang a spotter pocket off the guide lid if you need more CI. A lid can be freed from the pack with just a click of a buckle. Idk, just a thought.

Brendan

WKR

I hunt with their frame packs going up a tree - no need to disconnect at all. I've done it all the way up to a 26" frame / EMR2 combo...

N2TRKYS

WKR
I hunt with their frame packs going up a tree - no need to disconnect at all. I've done it all the way up to a 26" frame / EMR2 combo...

There's zero chance I could ever see me taking my whole frame/bag combo up a tree. That's way more hassle and bulk I want hanging on the side of a tree.

I guess I'll stick to what I have. I'm just trying to think of a good replacement when it finally wears out.

Brendan

WKR
There's zero chance I could ever see me taking my whole frame/bag combo up a tree. That's way more hassle and bulk I want hanging on the side of a tree.

I guess I'll stick to what I have. I'm just trying to think of a good replacement when it finally wears out.
I dunno, not seeing the problem.

No hassle at all for me, as I need to bring a bag up anyways with my gear and extra layers. It's not like a frame makes that harder at all.

And the extra bulk from a frame vs just the bag is pretty minimal.

I carry all my gear in and out every time, go up once, hunt from a saddle, down once, and it works great for me.

N2TRKYS

WKR

No hassle at all for me, as I need to bring a bag up anyways with my gear and extra layers. It's not like a frame makes that harder at all.

I carry all my gear in and out every time, go up once, hunt from a saddle, down once, and it works great for me.

I carry my stuff in and out every hunt, as well. I'm glad it works for you, but it'll be too much hassle for me.

wesfromky

WKR
I have a stryker on order to replace my 22mag. While I have brought it up into the stand a few times, it isn't always optimal. But, I have a sherman pocket that I added a padded shoulder strap to, so I bring that up when I don't need the whole pack. Planning on doing much the same with the stryker as well.

stump06

WKR
I plan on running mine with a bane and ditching the frame/stryker and taking the bane up the tree with me

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
I order mine on release day and talked to Kifaru yesterday and it should be here before Christmas. I will still have a few weeks to try it out before season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im looking at getting it for the same purposes. With a large compression pocket and the camp bag you’ll be right at 6400 cubic inches which is more than enough space for a week. Add a bane pack as a lid and be over 7500 inches. I would treat the camp bag as a throw and go for food, camp gear and extra clothes, then use the main bag and pockets for day gear and optics.

x2 to that...
I set up my Nomad 2 for that purpose last year and ran it strictly as a day pack this year. Fully set up, I use their grab-it panel and an Organizer Guide Lid. That gives me the flexibility to slim down for out-and-back hunts or load it up for backpacking / tent camping or hauling ungulate parts. The vertical pockets aren’t as handy as I’d hoped, but it’s a good setup.
The Stryker improves the day pack part while retaining all the utility for hauling bigger loads. I’m getting spun up to try my hand at archery next year (friends call it “bowhiking” haha) so I’m hoping sales of the solids encourage them to offer it in camo patterns. If they don’t, I’m in for Ranger 👍

I hunt the same way, and am seriously considering unloading my Mystery Ranch pack and getting a Kifaru frame and Stryker. While it would be nice if it had a bit more rigidity in the pack, I can at least strap my Predator platform pack to the bag and have a nice dump pouch for gear while in the tree. Tempting....

I am a Tethrid Mantis and Summit Viper hunter. They go in and out with me every trip. Sometimes a long ways in and out. And, this pack is PERFECT for me. Only thing is I'd like to see it in RG so I don't get my head shot off during gun season. For now, I am waiting. But, I will put one in my home if they only stay with the Wolf Grey and CB as the only option. Blotch it with orange paint if need be

Conrad

FNG
Ranger Green was an option. For some reason it was removed today. Word is it will be back in the new year....not sure why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk