kifaru stuff sack for sleeping bag use?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I never really got the waterproofing thing, but its probably because I make my garbage bag pull double duty. I figure I bring it anyways so it might as well serve some other purpose.

I always line my pack with a garbage bag too.

You could also look at the zpacks stuff sacks. Their roll top bags are water proof and very light. (most are under an oz.) http://zpacks.com/accessories/dry_bags.shtml

Lawnboi

WKR
I always line my pack with a garbage bag too.

You could also look at the zpacks stuff sacks. Their roll top bags are water proof and very light. (most are under an oz.) http://zpacks.com/accessories/dry_bags.shtml

Nice thanks! iv been looking to get my hands on some cuben fabric and waterproof too! Looks a possible new meat bag, weight bag (for working out), food bag and sleeping bag sack.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
i always have garbage bags on a backpack hunt, well, almost any hunt even if it's just one. in addition to that, im pretty surprised at how water resistant the timberline bag is. waterproof stuff sack is definitely not on my list of necessary items, i mean if it was waterproof that'd be great, but wont stop me from getting one.....i like the shape of a sleeping bag compressed by a kifaru stuff sack, probably gonna get me one!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
secret i guess, lol

HAHA sorry guys. I hunt backpack in extremely wet environments and have taken a dive when crossing creeks before as well. Thus waterproof dry bags are a must and a simple solution to this problem. Especially when packrafting and what not where water is a constant.

Also a large silnylon dry bags (35 to 50L) can be put in the bottom of your pack and then stuff everything in the dry bag so the bag takes the shape of the pack. Leaves less dead space. I also use the same type of dry bags to put my meat in my pack to keep it from getting bloody. Keeps things tidier than garbage or compactor bags that leak eventually as well. Plus they are not expensive, like $7 per one. The wear and tear on the cuben ones are the only thing that keep me from going back that route again, just not nearly as robust as silnylon dry bags so the extra couple oz is worth it for me. To each their own.

gunn

FNG
I've used the Exped version, they are very in similar in design to the Kifaru. One thing unique about the Exped version is that it has an air purge valve on the side. So you can really compress the hell out your bag.

small size weighs like 1.5 oz, the medium 1.8oz water proof to boot.

Just another option for you guys.

wcb-ulv-main-01.jpg