kifaru stuff sack for sleeping bag use?

sk1

WKR
hey guys, was just wondering how well these compress? i was thinking maybe if it is easy to pull tight, i could cinch down my sleeping bag smaller than the stuff sack that came with it? just a thought, anyone try this?

sab

Lil-Rokslider
I use one with my WM bags, and it is the best one out there, but not necessarily because you can get it smaller. The big advantage is that you can cinch it down to a more easily packed shape (a cylinder rather than a sphere).

Regards,
Scott

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely a better solution for compression bags for the reason outlined by sab. I made this equipment change last year and it is one piece of kit I do not regret. Aron recommended a 5-string medium for my +20 down and I can use the same bag for my Slick 0. I give this compression sack an "A" for efficiency and durability.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Nice....that makes sense for compression shape, I may have to look into one before the season kicks off

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I prefer large NON-compressible silnylon dry sacks theses days for a couple reasons.

Lawnboi

WKR
Im a big kifaru fan but the fact that these are not waterproof is why I have not purchased one yet.

That and the fact that a normal roll top dry sac allows you to use room in your pack more efficiently than having a bowling ball from a compression sack, it takes up those voids. I know the K sack makes it into a good shape but it isn't waterproof, which may or may not matter to some. Just my opinion.