Kifaru stuff

Deadfall

WKR
looking at some new Kifaru gear. anyone running any of the following.
Rogan with battle belt and 2 mini or medium pouches? Does is slip down very bad?
steelhead chestrig with hydropac for hunting purposes? I run binos on a neck strap under my arm with caps on lense so steelhead would be for pistol and other day stuff. Currently use AGC bino harness for pistol, windcheck, inreach and what not.
Is hydropac roomy enough to carry rain gear and a jacket/extra layer?

Does anyone have trouble with hydropac tube freezing?

Would 2 medium pouches on battle belt be too much for the system to ride decent?
What I'm thinking/planning:
Next fall is going to be fairly long tough trip in. Setting a camp in mid way point for where I want to hunt. then would run the rogan with pouches and a battle belt, also the steelhead with hydropac for a day rig. Leaving my main pack and gear at a ground zero camp. Then could stay away from main camp for a couple days depending on what game is doing.

Would hike into base with steelhead on chest. the hydropac as a lid. Then adjust from camp and head out.

Rogan and battle belt might be more then needed if steelhead and hydropac have enough room for essentials. IDK.
Main pack is to bulky and noisy for what I will be getting into. be too thick to feel comfortable dropping somewhere, especially if I get to following something.

CSims

FNG
I am also curious about the rogan with the battle belt ...cant seem too find much info on it at all. Just would love to get some input and info on it before I go and place a order because it is fairly pricey but like they say you get what you pay for.

Have you looked into the Marsupial belt/harness system? Your intended use seems to be exactly what it was designed for. I do think there are some features of the Kifaru hydro pack that I would prefer to my marsupial, but I have no complaints so far with limited use. The kifaru hydro pack is probably pretty compatible with the marsupial belt and harness, anyway.

EDIT: I imagine the size is very similar. With a full bladder I can carry my kill kit, wet wipes, snacks, and gloves or a hat. Something would have to go if I wanted to fit any substantial clothing.

Just got my Steelhead with vented back and hydropac in multicam… looks like it might work well come spring and and mixed/matched with shapecharge

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Have you looked into the Marsupial belt/harness system? Your intended use seems to be exactly what it was designed for. I do think there are some features of the Kifaru hydro pack that I would prefer to my marsupial, but I have no complaints so far with limited use. The kifaru hydro pack is probably pretty compatible with the marsupial belt and harness, anyway.

EDIT: I imagine the size is very similar. With a full bladder I can carry my kill kit, wet wipes, snacks, and gloves or a hat. Something would have to go if I wanted to fit any substantial clothing.
No I haven't. Bought a bag from kifaru few years ago. Been hooked on their stuff since. The dang pack is so freaking tough there's just no reason for me to go looking else where. Everything I read says the marsupial stuff is good though