Kifaru super tents

Taube94

FNG
I was thinking about getting a kifaru super tarp for a sheep hunt next year but was curious as to how everyone liked them?

I've never used one on a sheep hunt, but it has worked well for me. Pretty lightweight, ample room for one with gear, you can put two with gear but it will be tight and a pain to get inand out, easy to set up and take down. I do prefer the Mega just because it carries its height the whole length, but it does add a bit of weight.

Esse quam videri

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
I may look into the mega because it will be me and a friend

tdot

WKR
For 2, Mega is the way. Heck, even for 1 the Mega is pretty sweet, unless you're really cutting grams.

Liked the Super, Loved the Mega, but won’t ever part with my Tut. Being able to walk in, stand up to put pants on, and room for 1 or 2 plus stove and gear without crawling over each other was outstanding.

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
My buddy has a 8 man tipi with a stove but we were looking for something a little lighter

Great thing about the Mega was a constant height ridge line running from end to end (unlike the sloping foot end of the Super) and dual zippered entrances. Partner and I used one and each had our own entry. Made for getting in and out easier and it was tall enough for us to sit up at our respective end. Much better for 2 guys than the Super tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Taube94

Taube94

FNG
Great thing about the Mega was a constant height ridge line running from end to end (unlike the sloping foot end of the Super) and dual zippered entrances. Partner and I used one and each had our own entry. Made for getting in and out easier and it was tall enough for us to sit up at our respective end. Much better for 2 guys than the Super tarp.
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it

rbljack

WKR
Yep..i ran the supertarp last year for mule deer. Unless you want to be real cozy with the other guy, Id say go with a Mega tarp. I am considering replacing the supertarp for a Mega tarp even for solo trips. Good luck in your decision. The supertarp is nice for a lightweight solo option though.

Doghed

WKR
Same here. I've been using the super for about 5 years. I'm mostly solo or with a dog and its been great. I think if I did it over I would go mega. Now I'm looking for something between my 8 man and the super.

never.truly.lost

Lil-Rokslider
Is there any plans on the Mega Tarp or a newer equivalent coming this year? I remember reading or hearing somewhere that the Annex's were getting a makeover but not on whether the Mega will get another comeback.

Thanks,
Andy