Kifaru Synthetic Game Bags

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using the same set of synthetic Allen Backcountry Meat bags for five years now. They've been used to bag and haul a few elk, a moose, and a sheep, and they're still fine. They wash up great. These weigh 3oz each for the 20"x30" size. Lots of decent bags out there these days, just depends what you want to pay for them.

OP
RFOUST89

RFOUST89

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my VIAM bags on black ovis and I am very happy with them. I purchased them due to being made in USA, good price, durable, light and we'll reviewed. With that being said, I am a Kifaru junky and they now offer to buy one bag at a time instead of the whole shebang. So I will probably purchase one to test out and see how I like them.

Good deal let me know what you think of them. Thanks for the info.

No theyre still available.
I use a combination of Kifaru meat bags and TAG BOMB bags.

I suppose that I should scoop up a couple of their regular meat bags before they get discontinued. I was bummed when they dropped their Moose bags and I didn’t look to the future.

Ifunk

FNG
I may considering my truck got broken into and all my game bags were stolen.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I struggle to comprehend why game bags have become so trendy. I used to use pillow cases and in all reality I don't feel like there's much ground to be gained from there. In other news I'm thinking about releasing a new synthetic ultra light shoe lace. I'm sure they're going to be all the rage.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Game bags came. No wow factor.... they are pretty much game bags. Got some trophy doe hunting to do this year so they will get filled.

Expensive, yes, but I like that kifaru makes stuff in the US, and I like that they build their stuff to last regardless if it’s the lightest or not.

These are interesting and I'm a big fan of Kifaru in general so I'm intrigued but there's already a lot of good ones out there so maybe durability is the niche they're going after? I currently use bags in different sizes from Kuiu, Argali, and Caribou Gear. I would say they're all pretty similar and I only differentiate what I use based on the size of bags I need. I definitely appreciate the reflective loops or anything high vis in low light. Plenty of times I've hung or retrieved bags after dark or before daylight. My Kuiu ones have been the least durable so far but they're the first generation bags (maybe they've improved since?) and I've used them a fair amount - I will say that they sew up nicely if you know someone handy with a sewing machine and the holes are relatively small.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering what size game bags I would need, say in the Kifaru set, for mule deer.. seems like the deboned set would be plenty. But this is new territory to me, so open to any other brand suggestions

Lawnboi

WKR
Got to fill up the kifaru bags. I’ll buy more as I phase out others. Other than weight they are perfect.

Argali would be the runner up, and still my favorite if weight is a huge deal, if the tag didn’t say made in Vietnam.

My caribou and black ovis bags a will be loaners.

Edit:
After washing, a few thoughts.
-These things are sewn more heavy duty than anything Iv used for game bags. The stitching is impressive.
-They clean up easy
-Kind of like the argali, meat does not stick to the bags like it does with caribou or black ovis. I can’t stand ripping frozen or dry meat cause it’s stuck to my bag like glue. Not a problem with the kifaru bags.
-Again they are made in the US

Kifaru did a good job on these, they fit right along with a lot of the other kifaru gear I own. Not the lightest but made for abuse. Ready to fill up all over again.

Last edited:

theedz

WKR
Resurrecting an old thread on these. How do these compare to the old meat bags? I love my old ones but see that they don't make them anymore. What I like about the old ones is that they haven't limited blood leakage keeping my bag/pack cleaner, but they still allow the meat to cool, all be it probably not as fast as the newer style. Anyone have both and their thoughts on the comparisons between them? Also anyone have the older meat bags for sale? ;-)