Kifaru Timberline Series vs Reckoning

ridgefire

WKR
I have a T2 bag on a Duplex frame and love it but almost bought a Reckoning just because of the neat shelf it has. I ended up buying a meat shelf for my Timberline bag from I believe Rugged Stiching for like $20 and it should work great if I ever use it. I always put my meat in the bag but like to have the option of the meat shelf if ever needed.

That lower zip works great for just reaching in the bottom of the bag for something. I use it on the DT1 and AMR when cinched down flat for day mode. That’s why I really wasn’t tempted by the Reckoning and it’s full front zip. Never really found a reason to want to unzip the middle of my bag to get at something. It was either in my back pockets or the bottom of the bag.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Center zip/clam shell is where it’s at! I have a dt2, reckoning, and just got a 44 mag. I will never go back to a top load again. Having the ability to open it up and stuff shit in is awesome. Pain in the dick to grab the stuff you need that is inevitably on the bottom in a top loader.

*zap*

WKR
My MMR has the lower sleeping bag area zip, dual side zips and a smaller zip entry right above the top of the frame plus the top opening. The small zip above the frame gives e-z access to the chamber pocket even with the pack fully loaded.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a DT2 on Bikini frame for 4 years. Looking for additional comfort while loaded i bought a Duplex Lite frame last fall and ran the dt2 bag on it. Fits fine. However i have always had issues with how to pack my rifle on the dt2 bag. So i think i will buy the reckoning since it seems to fit a rifle nicely with a pocket attached and will give me more space than the dt2. 5000 ci vs 6500 ci. If it works the i can sell the dt2/ bikini frame combo. Does anyone have experience packing a rifle on the reckoning?