Kifaru to compare to my Stone Glacier

If your looking at the new frame x-curve it’s only going to be a couple ounces (9 oz). The new frame is made with a one piece carbon fiber rather than the two piece in the OG. I would second the xcurve is way better for comfort.

What are you referring to with one piece carbon fiber. The new Xcurve frame still has the same 4 carbon fiber composite stays, but the stays are triangular in shape instead of round. The Krux frame also has 4 carbon stays

rekkr870

Lil-Rokslider
My Krux Evo is comfortable at 70+ lbs. More comfortable than my MR Marshall, which I thought was pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What are you referring to with one piece carbon fiber. The new Xcurve frame still has the same 4 carbon fiber composite stays, but the stays are triangular in shape instead of round. The Krux frame also has 4 carbon stays

The original X-Curve was made with round carbon with a titanium joint. So each stay was actually 2 pieces.
The NEW X-Curve stays are very small rectangular 1 piece stays. Total of 4 per frame.

OP
G
The original X-Curve was made with round carbon with a titanium joint. So each stay was actually 2 pieces.
The NEW X-Curve stays are very small rectangular 1 piece stays. Total of 4 per frame.

When did this change happen?

MattB

WKR
One thing to keep in mind with kifaru is you will see a lot of people adding on to them. Pockets, lids, grab it, bottle pockets..... you can go pretty crazy, and end up with a boat anchor.

That said you don’t necessarily need any of that stuff if you get the right bag from them. You can build a fairly light setup without the add ons. But they still are a little heavier. Kifaru has gone down the UL hole, and has seemed to come out and just make tough, functional packs. Maybe we will see another UL bag from them at one point, I’m sure it’s coming.

Just something to keep in mind when looking at kifaru.

It’s night and day when I lift up my fulcrum on a hunting frame, then my wife’s SO peregrine.

For example auto lock buckles on the kifaru, they weigh more, but sure are nice to have when packing meat and/or antlers.

I was going to "like" this, but thought it was valuable enough to repeat.

If a guy buys a pack that has the required amount of pockets to organize without adding pockets (which is not that hard, other than perhaps adding a lid), he can save a lot of weight.

Last edited:

ramses342

FNG
I cut a lot of weight by getting a Nomad 2, instead if my old MMR pack, and then buying a 55 L Outdoor research dry bag to stuff in it for overnights. Works great and I can use it as a day pack. I personally love it because I hunt different ways all year round. Spring day hunting grouse, late spring day hunting bears from a skiff, early fall I am overnight alpine hunting, late fall I am day hunting off of a skiff for deer. Sprinkle in the occasional overnight backpacking trip. For me having the flexibility is the most important part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
I cut a lot of weight by getting a Nomad 2, instead if my old MMR pack, and then buying a 55 L Outdoor research dry bag to stuff in it for overnights. Works great and I can use it as a day pack. I personally love it because I hunt different ways all year round. Spring day hunting grouse, late spring day hunting bears from a skiff, early fall I am overnight alpine hunting, late fall I am day hunting off of a skiff for deer. Sprinkle in the occasional overnight backpacking trip. For me having the flexibility is the most important part.

Curious if you have modified the Nomad 2 in any way for your different hunts, or kept it stock?

ramses342

FNG
Curious if you have modified the Nomad 2 in any way for your different hunts, or kept it stock?

Nope I have the grab it and the guide lid now is all. I recently post asking ideas on how to better rig up a water bladder and got some good ones. Take a look at my history to find it I just have not decided which way to go yet.