Kifaru Universal Gun Bearer

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
So over the weekend I placed an order for the item in the subject line. Called them this morning asking details and found out that their standard policy for shipping accessories is usually 2 weeks. I took this as in I would get the product in 2 wks but what it really means is that they will actually ship my product from their facility in 2 weeks which I think is absolutely absurd but whatever. It is being sent by USPS and I have had all sorts of issues with those people lately especially since the onset of covid. Is there any where else online where I can buy this product and get it asap? I have a hunt in Oct in NM and I will be leaving Oct 14th and I was hoping to have the product in well before to test it out. I may still get it before hand but that is cutting it close. Any other places that you may know of that would have this? Black Ovis appears to be sold out. Thanks

rjb0021

FNG
The lead time on most of their stuff has been more than two weeks for awhile. I ordered my gun bearer 8/19 and am still waiting so you’re going to be cutting it close. Only other option would be to try to find one used. Black Ovis had some but they sold out pretty quick.

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
so some of these suppliers like kifaru etc are new to me as is the world of big game hunting ie mule deer, elk, etc. so I am not aware of how these operations work. I just cant understand why they wait two weeks to ship product. I would have gladly paid a rush fee for the item and I told them that as well. I bet I don't get the item before I leave. sux

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Not trying to poor salt on on your wound but this is why you buy and test gear in the winter months/Off season. There is a 2 week shipping period because every last minute chump is putting in orders now so its not really that absurd. They could ship sooner though, so there is hope! Good luck, the kifaru gun bearer is an awesome rifle holder you'll love it!

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
well as I said before this big game hunting is still new to me and all of the nuances that go with it to make life easier is unknown as well so as I discover something, whenever that is, I act on it as quick as I can so yes I can see where the newbie syndrome is taking affect but I think I will be ok.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
The good news is you should not really need to test it out. It is an awesome product and it is really simple. Just attach it to your pack, put your gun in it, and you are good to go. Just watch your muzzle so you don't point it at your buddy's face the entire trip.

Q child

WKR
I've ordered from Kifaru a few times (maybe 4 or 5 times), including the gun bearer. They have always given me that same disclaimer. I am pretty sure that they have always gotten my stuff out the door a little bit before they said they would. I bet they'll get it to you in time. Good luck. Ordering stuff sucks.

Fitzwho

WKR
I ordered mine July 25th. It shipped August 5th. I received it August 12th.

They aren't Amazon, but I would think you'll get it in plenty of time for a mid-October hunt.

Tua

FNG
If you’re in a tough spot time-wise, there are several other systems out there to hold your rifle on your pack, including if you’re looking for a quick access system, ie mystery Ranch quick draw gun sling, KUIU quick draw pack gun holder, etc. But as has been said IMHO, Kifaru’s is the simplest and quickest access system, as long as you don’t mind the barrel riding between your body and your arm. There is a way to attach it back behind you on your pack, but then you lose the quick access capability.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
If you can’t find one anywhere you can build a pretty similar system out of duct tape for the stock pocket and some adhesive-back Velcro or a rubber ski strap or even a short bungee cord for the attachment to your shoulder strap.

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
i think I will be ok. I don't leave for NM until Oct 14th. I called and talked to Kifaru and they do build to order items. That I was not aware of. I thought they had product just sitting ready to go but that makes more sense from an inventory aspect. I was more worried about them shipping USPS. every since covid I have had some significant delays with USPS bit it is what it is. I think however I will be ok. I just realized that I have a cousin that lives in the same area as the Kifaru store but not sure I want to put that responsibility on him

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
I think someone in the recent replies mentioned the stone glacier quick release sling. it appears to me that the product is made only for their packs. I am sure if you play with it long enough you can get it to work with any pack. Is this true? I am running the eberlestock RMEF edition back so it has an internal frame system. thanks

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
afternoon everyone. So I received my Kifaru universal gun bearer this morning. I briefly attached it to my pack and tried it out. I was in the house when I tried it out but plan on going to my hunting property soon to really test it out. it is a simple item and easy to use as it appears currently but having never used this I want to get comfortable with it and know what to expect to a certain extent before I get out west. any pointers anyone may have? I think I have the length of the saddle part just right. I am 5 foot6 and I am using a browning 300 win mag. any advice will work. thanks

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
Have you watched any of the kifaru videos on this?

Unfortunately, I do not have one yet so this is the best I can offer.

Kifaru is a small company with what seems like a large customer base for their size. I think you will find they have some of the best customer service out there.

superjo

FNG
afternoon everyone. So I received my Kifaru universal gun bearer this morning. I briefly attached it to my pack and tried it out. I was in the house when I tried it out but plan on going to my hunting property soon to really test it out. it is a simple item and easy to use as it appears currently but having never used this I want to get comfortable with it and know what to expect to a certain extent before I get out west. any pointers anyone may have? I think I have the length of the saddle part just right. I am 5 foot6 and I am using a browning 300 win mag. any advice will work. thanks
Congrats, it's really easy to use, nothing to worry about especially since you got the universal one. Give us feedback when you test it outdoor properly.

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
will do. like I said earlier I have been testing it out in the house right now trying to get an idea on where I want the shoulder strap piece to go and how long I want the rifle butt portion to be. I am really liking it so far.

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
I have watched a lot of videos on the gun bearer but from what I can tell the most detailed videos are for the one they make for their packs and not the universal. also I think, at least the videos I have seen, are not very good quality or good detailed videos but that is just me. it is simple to use I just need find the setup that works for me.