Kifaru Universal Gun Bearer

superjo

FNG
You are right, videos don't help much. You just have to find the best fit and setup for you, all by yourself. Congrats once again, it's a nice piece

C.payne

WKR
I have had both the universal and the regular. They both work great with a little bit of practice.
Personally I like the cradle to be all the way to the back of the hip belt where it meets the bag. Also I like the top strap to go around the bell of my scope and the fore end. This seems to stop the rifle from twisting. Just a few tips I have figured out.

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I was noticing the twist myself. It’s not bad but would prob be better if twist was out or minimized. So why do you like the bottom strap all the way towards the bag?

C.payne

WKR
Yes. I was noticing the twist myself. It’s not bad but would prob be better if twist was out or minimized. So why do you like the bottom strap all the way towards the bag?

If the cradle hanging location is farther to the back of the hip belt I find it helps the gun ride higher into the gap between my arm and body (towards my arm pit area). This seems to help by adding more contact between the rifle and my body. Which then helps support the rifle so it does not move around as much.
If the rifle hangs further up the hip belt (towards the buckle) I find the rifle sways around a lot more.
Kind of hard to explain. I tried lol!
A bit of messing around to get it right but once you do I bet you’ll love it.
The only negative I have found like has been mentioned before is that when hunting with a buddy sometimes the muzzle could point at them (usually when climbing up slopes and being the back guy).

OP
T

taz_gerstman

Lil-Rokslider
agreed. well I don't plan on having a round in the chamber anyways while walking around, etc. Although I was taught to always treat a firearm as if it were loaded even though it was not so I will have to see what happens.