Kifaru vs exo

I was in your shoes this summer! A member/friend on here lives close to me and allowed me to try both his exo k2 and his Kifaru frame. I like both. But like boots the fit of the Kifaru and the belt on the Kifaru worked better for the shape of my back! I liked the larger pad on the Kifaru. The test for the Kifaru is 10days in Alaska for me in August.

But, I might try the new K3 frame before I purchase one.

Like boots try them on and will fit better with weight and in day mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did the test go??? I just ordered the Kifaru woodsman...........

I've run Kifaru for years (AMR, TAHR, FULCRUM) and never had a complaint. When unloaded or loaded very light they "feel" more like a sheet of plywood- "Rigid". But loaded up, I have never wished I had a different pack. I tried a EXO K2, 1800 last year. I ran it every hunt just to get a fair comparison. I really liked it for light loads with minimal weight. Just seemed a tad bit more noticeable. Loaded up, it was no better than my Kifarus.

I've run Kifaru for years (AMR, TAHR, FULCRUM) and never had a complaint. When unloaded or loaded very light they "feel" more like a sheet of plywood- "Rigid". But loaded up, I have never wished I had a different pack. I tried a EXO K2, 1800 last year. I ran it every hunt just to get a fair comparison. I really liked it for light loads with minimal weight. Just seemed a tad bit more noticeable. Loaded up, it was no better than my Kifarus.
Going with the Woodsman....... should be here in a week...... Start the practice runs ........ looking forward to it!!! Really appreciate the intel from the folks on this site!!
God Bless

I'm in love with my Kifaru AMR. The comfort and amount of weight I can carry far offset any weight savings from my prior "ultralight" packs.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
I actually have both and pick the one needed for that trip(capacity). However, Kifaru belt fits me better.

Ive had a Eberlestock, Badlands, Mystery Ranch, kuiu and have now ordered a Kifaru Reckoning after reading all the positive reviews, but exo and stone galcier were on my shirt list as well hard to find a bad review for any of them.

Ive had a Eberlestock, Badlands, Mystery Ranch, kuiu and have now ordered a Kifaru Reckoning after reading all the positive reviews, but exo and stone galcier were on my shirt list as well hard to find a bad review for any of them.
Me to..... you are right - doesn't look like picking any of them would be a bad choice..... I went with Kifaru based on the rifle holder and all he VERY positive comments on longevity and fit...... the meat shelf was a selling point as well...... Buy Once - Cry Once!!!
God Bless

Have used both. Like the fit and adaptability of Kifaru. Have several of their packs. Also really like the Stone Glacier packs/frames.

I went through the “decision stage” a few months ago and decided to go with the kifaru 44 mag. I used a borrowed kifaru pack last year for my elk hunt and after packing meat was sold on the frame just wasn’t 100 percent on the bag I used.After finding the 44 mag layout with pockets I was sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bangarang

FNG
Bringing this thread back. I bought a new EXO K3 and have been doing 2 mile tests with 80# in my neighborhood. I loved the pack and was intending to keep it until I found a used Kifaru on a Duplex frame for a price I couldn't pass up. I am not sure the bag type, it looks similar to the Reckoning, but isn't a Reckoning. It has a lot less bells and whistles and is 1 pound heavier than the K3. I took the Kifaru out for 2 miles and I agree with above that the Kifaru shoulder straps are less comfortable than the K3 and dig into my armpits unless I have the chest strap cinched down (which their fit videos advise against). However with the K3, I feel fatigue in my outer glutes/hips pretty quickly compared to the Kifaru. So I am thinking the Kifaru may carry heavy loads better if I can make the shoulder straps fit correctly, or maybe I am wearing the EXO incorrectly.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make the Kifaru shoulder straps fit more comfortably? Or am I wearing the EXO incorrectly if I am feeling fatigue more quickly?

I will probably call Kifaru tomorrow for assistance and walk into EXO for another fit since I live in Boise, but maybe some people find the post helpful or maybe someone will tell me which Kifaru bag I bought.

Attachments

• IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_7542.JPG
    535 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7541.JPG
    IMG_7541.JPG
    498.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7540.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 47

cronsman

WKR
I absolutely love my exo pack and the simplicity of it makes it even better, plus its lighter.