Kifaru vs. MR vs. SG

GregB

WKR
Since joining Rokslide I have turned into a full-on gear nerd or geardo. Because of this I have decided to conduct my own pack review (not as comprehensive or in depth as Zack). For several years I have hunted with a Kifaru duplex hunter and either an AMR (for backpack hunting) or a Woodsman (day hunts). I have had the opportunity to pack several animals with both packs. I really like my Kifaru, it will carry more than I am physically capable of hauling. The only downsides to it are, since I have started hunting with a recurve I find it difficult to get to full draw and through expansion with the pack on because it is so stiff. Also when moving through heavy timber and brush, the edges of the frame tend to catch branches, making more noise and movement more difficult. I have purchased a Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6400 and Mystery Ranch Pintler. I plan on using the Stone on a 7 day backpack archery mule deer hunt, and then both on an elk archery hunt. Hopefully both me and my hunting partner tag out on the elk hunt to give a comparison of packing 2 quarters between the 3 packs. If not I’ll start another thread complaining about being a vegetarian for the winter. Either way I’ll update with my results from training hikes etc. Hopefully this will help those with questions or reservations about buying more expensive packs.