Kifaru water bottle pockets

strongarm

FNG
Anyone used the Marsupial water bottle pouch? I’m particularly interested in a pouch for a Kifaru belt application.

Kifaru discontinued their Gen 1. I have those now and seeking some more for some of my other packs. I much prefer the structure as compared to the Gen 2. It’s easy to slide in and slide out due to the Gen 1 structure. I would go a little nuts messing with the Gen 2 with one hand…far too floppy.

As others have reported, the Gen 1 hugs a Nalgene great. A strap isn’t really needed. I do use the strap when on the move (I’ve lost too many bottles from other packs over the years so I’m a little OCD there). I’ve also run the 48oz Nalgene bottle in the Gen 1 from time to time, too, esp. when summer weight training when I’m hitting water hard. The strap is long enough that it fits even the 48oz’er.

So back to the Marsupial Gear Water Bottle pouch. In pictures it looks like it’s similar to the Gen 1 Kifaru in terms of structure. It does look a little “stubby,” if you will, so wondering others take on this for attaching to a belt. Solid Nalgene fit? Too short? Perfect? Other?

I didn’t know @pods8 made one! Will need to check out. Photos/details?

Anyone used the Marsupial water bottle pouch? I’m particularly interested in a pouch for a Kifaru belt application.

Kifaru discontinued their Gen 1. I have those now and seeking some more for some of my other packs. I much prefer the structure as compared to the Gen 2. It’s easy to slide in and slide out due to the Gen 1 structure. I would go a little nuts messing with the Gen 2 with one hand…far too floppy.

As others have reported, the Gen 1 hugs a Nalgene great. A strap isn’t really needed. I do use the strap when on the move (I’ve lost too many bottles from other packs over the years so I’m a little OCD there). I’ve also run the 48oz Nalgene bottle in the Gen 1 from time to time, too, esp. when summer weight training when I’m hitting water hard. The strap is long enough that it fits even the 48oz’er.

So back to the Marsupial Gear Water Bottle pouch. In pictures it looks like it’s similar to the Gen 1 Kifaru in terms of structure. It does look a little “stubby,” if you will, so wondering others take on this for attaching to a belt. Solid Nalgene fit? Too short? Perfect? Other?

I didn’t know @pods8 made one! Will need to check out. Photos/details?

The Marsupial has a thicker padding/more structure and seems to have a snugger fit on the nalgene. Very similar in design though. The marsupial has 2 molle straps for connecting to the pack - I prefer that over the way kifaru attaches, but Ive never had a problem with either. I can take a few pics of them side by side later if you want. Id say I prefer the gen 1, but its close.