Kifaru- Who is using multiple bags with one frame?

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I've currently got a 44 mag and I love it for multi-day trips or as a day pack in colder weather. In archery season I've always enjoyed having a smaller pack on my back, so I've been considering getting a Stryker. I was wondering how many of you have one frame and are switching out bags depending on the application? Is it a pain in the ass or do you find its not much of a hassle?

GregB

WKR
I switch between the AMR for backpacking and the Woodsman for day trips. It's not too bad swapping bags, especially after you do it a couple of times each bag hooks up a little different.

Its no problem switching bags. Depending on what I'm doing,and duration, I switch between an exo 3500, woodsman, mountain rambler, or reckoning on my lite frame.

I even had my kifaru woodsman bag mounted on my m.r. pop up 28 frame for a trip.

Tradchef

WKR
I run a cargo panel and guide lid 90% of the time and have a reckoning for the other 10%. Its super easy to swap out bags. Lots of good info and videos to watch if you have problems.

*zap*

WKR
If your using cargo panels it is fairly e-z to secure a molle radio pouch to a frame up high for extra storage pocket. I believe there are two different types and each secures a little differently......I have them on my MR guide lite and SG Krux and curve frames...have not gotten around to putting on on the duplex frame yet.IMG_5387.JPG

bubbay

FNG
nomad2 on tac 26 throw whatever between wings n go duffle bag, campbag, another pack

Shraggs

WKR
I have 4 packs and three frames. i might sell one frame and swap two out as needed.

i do find having my western set up separate from whitetail as convenien, not so much the time but just to be sure my critical items are always there.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I switch between a Woodsman and a Reckoning on my tactical frame and between a Longhunter Guide and a DT3 on the frame that came with my Longhunter. It doesn’t take long to switch the bags.

ZDR

WKR
1 frame, two packs; a markhor and a tahr. I also have a 14'r which kinda overlaps with the Tahr excelt for the frame and ability to carry heavier loads with the Tahr. THe 14'r is my most used by far...

Bloc004

FNG
I have the Duplex lite frame and used the cavern for hunting out west. I now have the Stryker for all my Midwest hunting. The bigger packs compress down very nicely, but I got the Stryker so I didn’t have to manage the extra material and straps, and so far love it. Switching bags is easy after doing it a couple times.

I used to have numerous bags for each frame. Would swap back and forth depending on the season, trip, etc.

Once I bought the AMR I found it does everything from a day trip to as long as I wanna stay gone. No need for multiple bags for me. Currently have an AMR and DT1 for my Bikini and Tactical frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first time since buying my first Kifaru, that I've only had one Kifaru frame in the house. I was switching bags back and forth for last season. If the Lord puts this virus to rest in time to salvage my financials, I'm going to buy a tactical frame. Its not the swapping that bothers me. Its not having a tactical duplex to use that bothers me.

That would make at least two of us. I have learned to really like the DT1 design.

Oh I love it! In fact I love it so much, I found another one from a Rokslider. There were a couple others that had them as well. Thanks for giving me the opportunity guys!

And thanks for the DT1 Never.Truly.Lost!

and the Standard Lid Skyewalker!

guess I won't be needing that Hoodlum afterall ;)