Kifaru Won’t be Getting Anymore of my Money

I have 2 great packs, the Hoodlum and DT1 with lids and pouches and now a Slickbag, along with the Tactical frame and Duplex UltraLight frames. This stuff is so bomb proof that I just don’t see it wearing out anytime soon. I can do day hunts or 14 day backcountry style hunts. The versatility is great! Thanks for a great product Kifaru!

disclaimer; I do not work for Kifaru, nor was I paid to say or write any of this. And I am not a fanboy! 🤙🏻🏹👍🦌

Rock-o

WKR
When I saw @trophyhill posted "Kifaru Won't be Getting Anymore of my Money" I knew exactly what you were up to.

I believe we got our Hoodlums at about the same time and I believe I like mine as much as you do yours.

ozyclint

WKR
The longevity of their gear has driven the current business model IMO. Back in the day they had maybe 8 pack models but because they last a lifetime they only made a sale once. Now there is I don't know how many pack models and they ad more every year to take advantage of the 'need the latest and greatest' mentality.

OP
trophyhill
Oh my. I needed that laugh. Good shit
When I saw @trophyhill posted "Kifaru Won't be Getting Anymore of my Money" I knew exactly what you were up to.

I believe we got our Hoodlums at about the same time and I believe I like mine as much as you do yours.
finally someone who gets it! These other guys are probably runnin Bass Pro pack frames........

OP
trophyhill
Isn't trophyhill the guy who has a portrait of Aron Snyder on his nightstand?
That’s funny you say that. Although I admire the “Elk Reaper”, I am way better lookin so I spend a lot of time looking in the mirror. However when I bought that DT1 in 2013 I think it was, I did request he autograph my pack in red as a joke when I sent in the form and sure enough he signed it in red Sharpie between the 2 back pockets, “Elk Reaper”. Now if Kifaru came out with a pack called “The Elk Reaper” I’d buy it just because.

this was back when he was a real mountain hunter. I heard he likes to hunt whitetails in OK and TX now though. Probably can’t handle the backcountry anymore😏

Last edited:
i now see why kifaru packs are as popular as they are after owning one for awhile.... not only how good the frames are, but the thought put into everything. i just got a stryker xl and used it this weekend in the mountains, and it's such a well thought out day hunting bag... like best case scenario.... the modularity is awesome, and there is no compromise in durability by having that modularity. they have a hell of a team building outstanding packs.... i will never be without a kifaru pack, and i have a feeling my other packs won't go on very many hunts in the future. i'm a fan.

i hear people say they like kifaru packs, but don't care for their bags.... that's crazy to me, their bags are great... bomb proof and well thought out, and the bag weight doesn't matter even a tiny bit to me, the only thing i care about is how it feels with a heavy load, and it feels good.... an extra 1.5# on an empty pack has zero significance in real life, and i'll gladly carry that little bit of extra weight for the durability and modularity..... just looking at the bags, with webbing loops all over looking unnecessary, then you use it and see the function, and i like it!

i have a reckoning with a grab it 2, and the stryker xl, and they will get more of my money, because i will invest more into that platform just for more specific options. love my slick bag too, their temp ratings are not exaggerated even with my skinny ass that gets cold sleeping in the cold... the LPP is another killer piece of gear.... great glassing jacket, like getting into a sleeping bag.

they will piss my wife off plenty in the future (she's a good sport though) because she sees that name on plenty of card purchases and will continue to, haha. they make excellent gear, and it's a good team working there.... the exact type of company i like giving my money to.

the stryker xl is the perfect bag for most of my hunting, with an extra set of compression straps, it's super quick and easy to secure a load and not mess with the contents of your bag (and won't smash what's in there)

i like that they don't veer from their reputation, if they build something, it's going to work well and be very durable and well thought out.... takes the question out of purchases.... if the specs and dimensions are right, it will be a solid product.

the frame is comfortable and wears great... no sore spots, no slipping.... feels solid. the only thing i don't care for is the auto lock buckles, but i think they will grow on me eventually. kick ass products, and they better pay Bender well, because his designs are legit.

Lake70

FNG
I have 2 packs, one the wife and I. They are great. No disappointments at all. I'm just not sure how they make them so dang expensive. But despite that. I'm ordering a shelter soon.