KIFARU WOOBIE

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
I have an MLD 38 degree quilt which is similar, but lighter. If you have a down bag, you want to overbag with synthetic, not line your down bag. That will move your dew point in subfreezing weather from your down out into the synthetic layer, which is where you want it. I use it over my EE 10 degree quilt and can sleep in low single digits to below zero (air temp, with significant wind added in) in an unheated Cimarron.

MLD will put a head slit in their quilt so you can wear it as an overwrap for glassing and such.

I do have a down quilt from UGQ, but yea I just hope it’s big enough to wrap around my bag. On the site in the pictures there are hoops all around the edges that I’m going to try to bungee if I get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
My wife has taken her cheapo big Agnes 15 degree bag down to single digits with the woobie. Iv used it over and in my bags as well. Worth it to have around.

I also had a doobie, but that was before they changed the fill weights. The woobie is about as bulky as I would carry with anywhere.

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has taken her cheapo big Agnes 15 degree bag down to single digits with the woobie. Iv used it over and in my bags as well. Worth it to have around.

I also had a doobie, but that was before they changed the fill weights. The woobie is about as bulky as I would carry with anywhere.

That was another question I had. I just ordered the woobie. Thank you

WRM

WKR
I do have a down quilt from UGQ, but yea I just hope it’s big enough to wrap around my bag. On the site in the pictures there are hoops all around the edges that I’m going to try to bungee if I get one

Order the pad attachment system from EE or a similar vendor. They are only a few bucks. You should be able to pretty easily mod the woobie to allow attaching it to your down quilt or your pad. Or contact UGQ--they may have something that will connect up with their quilt and you may need less modding to get it to work. It is nice to get the overquilt strapped down well enough that it's not trying to run away from you all night.

OP
UWneptune308

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
Order the pad attachment system from EE or a similar vendor. They are only a few bucks. You should be able to pretty easily mod the woobie to allow attaching it to your down quilt or your pad. Or contact UGQ--they may have something that will connect up with their quilt and you may need less modding to get it to work. It is nice to get the overquilt strapped down well enough that it's not trying to run away from you all night.

I will definitely look into that

WRM

WKR
Good luck with it. You'll definitely extend the comfort range significantly, and it'll be easier to keep your down dry if that's what you have as main bag/quilt. And, you'll get a nice shoulder season bag out of it instead of a rarely used super heavy bag.

K5Hunter

FNG
I have a woobie and use it for exactly what you are looking for. It works well in colder weather with my western mountaineering ultralite bag and solo during warmer nights. You won't regret the purchase.

chlaudy

FNG
I have a woobie and use it for the exact purpose you are describing. I think its worth it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I pushed my 20* bag to low single digits with a woobie and some clothes. Great piece of kit. You will find all kinds of use for it.

prm

WKR
It works great! The small little loops can be used with paracord to tie it around you bag. Then take it glassing to stay warm.

prm

WKR
I had one of these and sold it, now you guys have me thinking of picking up another one and maybe adding stick-on toggles and loops from ZPacks to be able to wrap it around me and "close" it up a little.
It comes with little loops.

Had a deep freeze suddenly drop down on my tent at nearly 11,000', placing a Woobie inside my bag saved my arse.