Kifaru Woobie's

cmeier117

WKR
How useful are these things on a hunting trips or scouting trips? Can you use a woobie during the summer as a stand alone sleep option? I don't know why I want to get one, they just seem so cool? And for a summer scouting sleep setup I think if would be great inside my raven bivy.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I am going to use a bivy-woobie set up this summer and archery season. That is if I can get it away from my wife. She used it for one of my sons football games and I haven't seen it since.

Lawnboi

WKR
I own a doobie, and a woobie express. I do use them as my primary sleeping bags for 3 season, with an ID bivy. If you dont know already, the woobie is kifaru's 40*insulation, and the doobie is thier 20* stuff. The fabric they use is great, pretty wind resistant and drapes like no other.

The regualar woobie/doobie are awsome. Tough as nails, not something im afraid to use around the fire, stoves, haul out while glassing or as a sleep system. These things are pretty big as well. I can fold mine in half and use it as a sleeping bag. I do much like was mentioned in the quilt thread a few topics below this one. Works slick, im a side sleeper and its really nice, almost like sleeping in bed at home, your able to ventilate if you need or bundle up when you get cold. Even folded in half i have alot of extra insulation that i can make sure is on top of me in the bivy providing loft. This too will work as a insulation layer(ill be using it that way)

The express version, which i will use for warm weather also has its place. Works great as an insulating layer and a sleeping quilt(if your small enough to fit like I am) Its also pretty cool for wearing around camp in stuff. Again im so small that it looks like a multicam dress when i wear it.

Ill also be using these as part of a sleep system for cold cold weather. When it really dips down there (20* averages) I prefer a bag, just because, draft collars, hoods and no air spaces are just good at keeping you warm, where the quilts do fall out on this. My plan is to get a 20* slick bag for this late fall, and winter. With the 20* bag ill bring my woobie express. This will give me something to use around camp, or ice fishing, while also giving me something to put in my bag to boost the temp if need be. Basically saving me a lb an making my sleep system much more versatile.

And they come in Multicam! And yes they are cool!

I have used mine for a little while now mostly for warmth while glassing, and for that it has worked very well. I plan to give it a thorough workout as a stand alone sleep option this spring and summer so I should be able to give a much better opinion then.

Should have mentioned I am using the Woobie.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
My only fear is that my wife will steal it from me, but I think I really need a multicam woobie!!

I have a woobie that I plan to use in conjunction with a ti-goat bivy and a Neo air xterm for summer scouting trips. Haven't used it yet but looking forward to trying it out. Your right these things have so many different uses. The woobie is surprisingly very big.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Go to Kifaru website and there is the expected lead time for each product on the site.

littlebuf

Banned
I find myself wanting one of these but I don't know why. I don't need one for a sleep system and ive never needed a blanky to glass in the past but like others have said they just look cool. I know for a fact though my wife would steal mine. shes already trying to steal my quilt I just bought