Kifaru XTL Lid

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know what the 3 bar sliders are for on the inside of the XTL lid? I thought it was for lock n load pockets but the orientation of the sliders are 90 degrees apart. I posted this on the kifaru forum and found another similar thread asking the same question. Can't seem to find the answer. More of a curiosity thing at this point.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone know what the 3 bar sliders are for on the inside of the XTL lid? I thought it was for lock n load pockets but the orientation of the sliders are 90 degrees apart. I posted this on the kifaru forum and found another similar thread asking the same question. Can't seem to find the answer. More of a curiosity thing at this point.
Do you mean common loops?

Are they plastic or metal?

ozyclint

WKR
i'm curious as to the purpose of the 3 bar sliders on the longhunter top too. i figure it was for use as a pod. but can't see why you would use one as a pod unless you had it on a duplex or bikini without the big bag on.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider

Can you take a picture and post it of the three bar sliders you are talking about? I have a fresh XLT lid(with no chopping yet) and I don't see any three bar sliders.

OP
T

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
I spoke with Aron about and I think I had one of the first made maybe. I don't think they are supposed to be there.

OP
T

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
I was screwing around with my new Duplex frame last night. Mistake or not the rear 3 bar slider on the XTL lid attach perfect to the Duplex frame top common loops. Makes adding the XTL lid to the frame as storage super simple when using the frame and pods in a daypack type mode.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was screwing around with my new Duplex frame last night. Mistake or not the rear 3 bar slider on the XTL lid attach perfect to the Duplex frame top common loops. Makes adding the XTL lid to the frame as storage super simple when using the frame and pods in a daypack type mode.

The 3 bars I was looking at wouldn't work for that....

We may have our wires crossed ( or I do anyway).

OP
T

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
XTL_hunt_underside.jpg

See the 3 bars on the back where the lid would normally attach to the bag? That photo is off the tactical webpage but shows the hunter lid in one of the pics.