Kifaru

Rocky

WKR
Can someone please post good pictures of the T2 and whatever lid(s) you have.I'm wonder were the water bladder goes and how easy it is to access the bladder (to refill it) when the pack it full, how the pockets that come standard on the bag are configured inside and out (ie are the smaller pockets inside the larger pockets? Also has anyone used the long hunter or XTL lids as a day pack and are they designed to carry a bladder?

I can speak on a little bit. I have a Longhunter (similar to the timberlines). The bladder is easy access. The sleeve is right inside the pack when you open the lid.
You can use a Longhunter lid as a day pack. The Lids aren't designed to carry a bladder but you definitely could put one in there.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Personally I put my first aid kit and sat phone in the water bladder sleeve so I always have it in the pack. I hate having to stuff or unpack my pack to refill my water bladder so it usually rides one of the side sleeves of the pack opposite of my spotting scope and tripod. If those are full then it rides up in the snow collar just under the lid itself. I have yet to use a water bladder sleeve inside the pack on a Kifaru for its intended use. Too much unpacking and cramming to make it fit for me. But I use a 3L bladder a 2L would likely be less cumbersome.

a3dhunter

WKR
Personally I put my first aid kit and sat phone in the water bladder sleeve so I always have it in the pack. I hate having to stuff or unpack my pack to refill my water bladder so it usually rides one of the side sleeves of the pack opposite of my spotting scope and tripod. I have yet to use a water bladder sleeve inside the pack on a Kifaru for its intended use. Too much unpacking and cramming to make it fit for me. But I use a 3L bladder a 2L would likely be less cumbersome.

This is exactly what I do.
Important stuff that doesn't get used often goes inside the pack so it is always with me.
Water bladder in the exterior pocket on right side so the tube comes over my right shoulder.
It is easier to access there and never has been a problem.

I believe Aron has the ultimate method for refilling you bladder. He uses a MSR Dromlite 4L in the bladder pouch, then he has a valve for his bladder hose were you can close it off and remove the bite valve and then hook up your water pump to the hydration hose and refill your bladder without ever having to remove anything from the pack other than your pump. I use the water pouch within the bag and have to remove mine everytime I want to refill which I dont mind. I do like the pouch because its and extra layer of protection for my bladder to keep it from getting punctured from anything in my pack... Lots of different methods to use and they all work!

OP
Rocky

Rocky

WKR
How is the T2 as a day pack with minimal gear (no spotting scope or tripod)? Will it compress enough that everything is not flopping around ?

6t4nova

WKR
The camelback bladders also have valve configurations to where you can pump directly into the bag without removing it. This is what I do and it saves a ton of time.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

WKR
That sounds like it works really well but I switched to the steri pen to cut down on weight...