Kill Kit

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I add a really really small bottle of hand sanitizer as well. Probably weights an OZ. If your hands get nicked up while skinning and quartering its nice to get some disinfectant on them.

Napperm4 - ever get a chance to try the Boreal21 saw? Anything to report?

I did a little more looking and thinking and ordered the Boreal also. Still like the Dustrude but decided to try the Boreal first. Hope to get it soon and try it in the pack and through some wood.

Napperm4

WKR
Napperm4 - ever get a chance to try the Boreal21 saw? Anything to report?

I did a little more looking and thinking and ordered the Boreal also. Still like the Dustrude but decided to try the Boreal first. Hope to get it soon and try it in the pack and through some wood.

I tried it out on some logs in the back yard and a few RV camping trips. Cuts wood like butter up to about 8" diameter if you want to go that big. Took a bit longer on anything bigger than that.

Turns out it also takes a standard 21" buck saw blade as a replacement so they're cheap and plentiful. I haven't had a chance to test out the meat blades yet. I'm going to be cutting up a cow in about 3 weeks so might break it out just to try my new toy.

It packs up nice and small and feels pretty solid when I'm using it. All in all I'm pretty happy with it.

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
I add a really really small bottle of hand sanitizer as well. Probably weights an OZ. If your hands get nicked up while skinning and quartering its nice to get some disinfectant on them.

I agree 100%. I sat down on the bank of a river one time and put my hand right in a pile of fresh steaming dog shit. My brother had a small container of hand sanitizer with him. I've carried one with me ever since.