Kill marks on a rifle?

OP
L

Loper

WKR
I have a few on an old Savage pump shotgun from waaay back.
Deer on the pistol grip, Turkeys on the pump fore end. I think.

hidden on the inside mag well.

some day long after i am gone someone will clean that rifle and wonder what it could tell.

That’s what I think would be interesting. If it was an old rifle or shotgun that got passed down from generations and a son or grandson could know how many successful hunts it’s been on and add some of their own.

Fatcamp

WKR
That’s what I think would be interesting. If it was an old rifle or shotgun that got passed down from generations and a son or grandson could know how many successful hunts it’s been on and add some of their own.

I thought about writing down the stories of my rifle, how I got it, the animals I killed with it, the trips, and put it in the stock.

I know I would love to find something like that.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
I thought about writing down the stories of my rifle, how I got it, the animals I killed with it, the trips, and put it in the stock.

I know I would love to find something like that.

That’s probably the best idea yet. It doesn’t deface the stock and provides more details about how it was acquired, where it’s been, and the game it’s shot.

None on my rifles...but I have slate pot call that the bottom edge looks like it been chewed on......every time I call in a tom and kill him I add a notch...

Sevens

WKR
I never seem to own a rifle long enough, but have always enjoyed seeing rifles that have wear marks and scratches from many years of use. Not notches per se, but they’re not earned by sitting in the safe.

I had a Rifles Inc Strata for a time that had lots of scratches on the stock and metal. Always wished I could hear the stories of how it came about all those beauty marks.

87TT

WKR
I bought a Bell and Carlson synthetic stock for my 30 06 Ruger back in the early eighties before they became " the thing". I found the old stock in the back of the closet. And lo and behold............
KIMG0233aa.JPG

I started to on this gun. It’s a synthetic stock marked with sharpie. A little rubbing alcohol tastes it off if needed.

I’ve sold a great guns a later regretted it so I’ll be hard pressed to sell another one anyway.

62857ce1ea830271e7216fde5cb67ed7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk