Kilo 2400 abs or Leica 2800

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I started a thread last year about this. After user input and much research I went with the Sig. You can’t get a better rangefinder right now as far as I’m concerned… now the app is tricky to use, at least for me.

skierhs

WKR
What are you looking to use it for and what are you hoping for it to do? They’re both solid products but each has their advantage.

JGRaider went through this last year as well, don’t remember exactly what Sig model he bought but remember him being very satified. Maybe he’ll weigh in, or you could send him a PM

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I'll throw my name in the hat for Leica. For 99% of hunters it's more than enough rangefinder and significantly better made. No question the SIG has better tech but it doesn't come into play till your passed the distances most guys can shoot.

Blue72

WKR
I'll throw my name in the hat for Leica. For 99% of hunters it's more than enough rangefinder and significantly better made. No question the SIG has better tech but it doesn't come into play till your passed the distances most guys can shoot.
What ranges?

I found using the Leica on living creatures between 500-1300 yards required multiple hits and anything beyond this range was useless. Reflective targets was something else

but then again I live in a very bright area with a little extra mirage

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
What ranges?

I found using the Leica on living creatures between 500-1300 yards required multiple hits and anything beyond this range was useless. Reflective targets was something else

but then again I live in a very bright area with a little extra mirage
I can't think of a time mine wouldn't range inside of 1500 yards. I've had it over 2700 multiple times on reflective. I think you had a bad one.

Overdrive

WKR
I was hunting Antelope a couple years back and my Leica wouldn't give good readings because of the mirage past 400 yards, that night I went to SW and bought a Sig 2400 the next day in the same conditions it was picking up ranges no problem and I was getting consistent readings, very important when shooting long range. Now the Leica is a paper weight.

JGRaider

WKR
I had a Kilo 3000BDX bino/rf . The RF function was very strong, at least as good as the Geovid I had. The big problem I had was that the RF did not align properly with the reticle. The beam was actually at 6:30 outside the aiming reticle. This is obviously a big problem if you are trying to range game/target that is just over the top of brush lines. It also had wandering diopters that shifted around alot without me touching them. I told Sig about the problem and they replied with "we feel the unit is within spec" answer. I sent them back to where I bought them.

I do still have a 2200 BDX RF unit and it has been great. The beam and reticle actually align in this one so it is a keeper. I have no experience with the newest Leica RF's for comparison, but for me to be confident in what I'm doing afield, the beam/reticle alignment is crucial.