KILO3000 or KILO10000 Rangefinder Binos

ybeaudoin

FNG
Just saw the video for the new Kilo10000. From what I understand it does range further, but if you want the firing solution to take into account the wind, you still need to link it to a Kestrel

Am I understanding this properly?

I have a Kilo3000 and a Kestrel elite, love the combo, I was interested in the Kilo10000 if I could do away with the Kestrel, one less thing to put in the pack.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Just saw the video for the new Kilo10000. From what I understand it does range further, but if you want the firing solution to take into account the wind, you still need to link it to a Kestrel

Am I understanding this properly?

I have a Kilo3000 and a Kestrel elite, love the combo, I was interested in the Kilo10000 if I could do away with the Kestrel, one less thing to put in the pack.

How is the bino going to measure wind?

OP
Y

ybeaudoin

FNG
When I saw that it had the Applied Ballistics Elite firing solution, I thought it might have a small port on the top or a small hole to be able to measure wind.
I do a lot of running and have a running pod that takes into account the wind, the hole for it is the size of a needle head.
I imagined something like this.

The Kestrel elite has also the Applied Ballistics Elite, so basically the firing solution for the Kilo 3000 or the Kilo 10000 will be the same.

So the main difference is the longer range finding and the sharper display with more info

Trying to figure out if I sell my Kilo3000 to buy the Kilo10000.

OP
Y

ybeaudoin

FNG
I guess I should have read the entire page on the Sig Sauer Web site.
The new Kilo10000 ships with a WeatherFlow Bluetooth WindMETER.

I guess that solves the problem. They though of everything.

I will do more research but it looks like I will be selling my Kilo3000!