WTS Kimber 84M 257 Ackley with Extras

Joelweb

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is my Kimber 84M Classic Select chambered in .257 Roberts Ackley Improved, three boxes of ammunition, RCBS full length die set, Talley one piece one inch scope rings, and 113 additional pieces of fire formed brass.

The Kimber 84M Classic Select weighs in at just 5 pounds 12 ounces, is stocked in A-grade French walnut, has 20 line-per-inch checkering, and a real ebony forend. It has a controlled feed Mauser type claw extractor, three position wing safety, and hinged floor plate. The magazine capacity is 5 cartridges. This firearm retails for $1,590, and is a great lightweight Western hunting rifle.

If you want something unique, this is a beautiful gun chambered in a fun and effective deer, antelope, and sheep cartridge, but it’s just taking up space in my safe and I can no longer justify keeping it.

A few specifics on this particular rifle:
  • The gun was rechambered to .257 Ackley Improved by Coffin Gunsmithing of Victor, Montana.
  • I have developed a load for this rifle with Barnes Tipped Triple Shock 100 grain bullets that shoots sub-MOA three shot groups at 3,046 feet per second. Buyer gets the recipe.
  • Three boxes (60 rounds) of ammunition are included in the sale, which should be enough for time at the range and to get you through at least one year of big game hunting.
  • It has a few handling marks from use in the field, but is overall in great shape.
  • With an RCBS full length die set and ample fire formed brass, this setup is ready to go for the handloader hunter.
Sale price is $1100. The rifle is located in Missoula, Montana. Come pick it up in person, or I am happy to mail to an FFL. Buyer pays shipping. For pickup purchases, I'll throw in a half pound of Vihtavuori n560 powder.

kimber 1.jpg

Attachments

• Logo photo.jpg
    Logo photo.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 104
  • kimber 2.jpg
    kimber 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 97
  • kimber 3.jpg
    kimber 3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 92
  • kimber 4.jpg
    kimber 4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 91
  • kimber 5.jpg
    kimber 5.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 85
  • kimber 6.jpg
    kimber 6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 88
  • ammo.jpg
    ammo.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

WRM

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice x 2. The .257 supposedly is one of PO's better results with improved cartridges. That is going to make someone a fine buy!

Duc

FNG
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Super deal with all the extras! If it had a cheekpiece, it would have been my second 257AI!

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Nice rifle and cartridge. I have a 1937 (4 digit serial) model 70 win that is in 257 improved and all the work was done by Ackley himself. It was originally a 257 Roberts. This is a fine round for anyone wanting a high velocity deer and antelope killing machine. I hope it finds a good home. If I weren’t holding onto my cash for a western hunt this fall I’d be all over this. If you decide you’d consider any trades I could get real interested real quick. Good luck.