Kimber 84m or Ruger Predator

ctfxd3

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Colt 1911 that I had posted for sale locally and received two offers for trade. The first is a Kimber 84M 6.5 Creedmoor with a nikon 4-12x40. The second is a Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor in a magpul stock with Athlon Talos 4-14x44. I have read some mixed reviews on the Kimber while the predators seem to be a pretty solid shooter. Im not a big fan of the magpul stock on the predator and the glass on both is lower end. I'm leaning towards the kimber, which one would you guys go with on a trade?

clockworkgator

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't the issue with Kimbers whether they feed right? If it's local, you could test before trading? If it works, the 84 seems way higher end than the Ruger.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
My brother just bought a Kimber Hunter. Still putting together. Had ordered Talley lightweight low mounts. Too low Scope clearance was gtg, but had to lower cheek weld to get proper FOV. Scope is a 3-10x42 Swaro. Reordered medium height Talley's. Impressed by the quality of the Kimber. That being said, wife and I both have American Predators and they are lights out shooters. Half the price of the Kimber and more weight. Have set up three more for friends. All have been crazy accurate with factory Copper Creek Berger 130's, 140's, Prime 130's and four of the five liked 143 ELD-X. As soon as I have mounts in hand, will assemble and start break-in. The Kimber is very lightweight and handy. Will let you know how it shoots. Is a tall order to outshoot the tough little Rugers even though the Kimber is MOA guaranteed.

howl

WKR
I'd rather have the Ruger than the Kimber, but the Ruger isn't a fair trade for a Colt 1911 unless they're adding cash.

Cheap scopes don't count in trades.