Kimber Adirondack

Very interested in the Adirondack as well....I’ll be hunting the Allegheny National Forest where your longest shot is maybe at the very rarest of instance is 100 yards... so .308 is the verdict from what I’m reading? What about .300 blackout?

Hows the kick on the Adirondack 7mm-08? A local store has one at a really good price, but with how light and short the barrel is was wondering what the recoil would compare to?

This is a darn old thread, but since the last comment is somewhat recent, I'll give it a long answer. I hunt the Allegheny Nat Frst almost exclusively. My Adirondack is a pleasure to drag around , weighing in at 5lb 13oz finished. You could get a tad lighter by doing some work or adding a lighter scope, but the scope I already had from a previous project, and 5-13 was plenty light enough for me. The recoil is absolutely manageable in my 7mm-08. Recoil is really subjective at times so it's hard to compare it to my others. I hand load it with 139gr sst and am getting sub 1/2" groups if I do my part. Overall I have no complaints so far