Kimber aint cutting it. looking for something new

I’ve shot a ton of bolt rifles, got paid to do it for a while. I’ve also seen a lot of folks shoot very nice bolt guns. I am not a great shooter. I would be perfectly happy with the group you posted from that rifle. Don’t get fooled by the internet. Very few people can consistently throw down 1 moa groups (5-10 rounds) all day at 400, especially with a sub 10lb hunting rifle.

What job pays to shoot a bolt rifle? Culler?

Most cullers in the states run AR's.

Went on a couple missions with DOC cullers in New Zealand. Both were running 223 bolt guns with detachable magazines. When we went and shot wallabies it was sweet watching a guy who had shot animals in the thousands shoot a bounding animal that's not large upper chest or head every time, cycle the bolt and get sight picture almost instantly and repeat.

I know Roo shooters and even camel cullers are excellent marksman but both those animals are fairly large.

One of my mates paid for college killing rabbits on farms. Can't remember exactly what he got paid per pound but spotlighting for rabbits with a suppressed 10/22 doesn't Too rough a way to pay bills.

OP
B

BXB77

FNG
Update.....I ended up getting a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoore. After barrel break in per CA recomendatoins it was shooting nice tight sub MOA Groups at 100 yards. Looking forward to taking it out to longer ranges soon. It really liked the Hornady precision hunter the best, which is good because that seems easy to find around here. Also tried Nosler trophy grade. Those didn’t do as well.

Attachments

• 70190B0B-9030-489D-8CD3-3E5C21A60CF8.jpeg
    70190B0B-9030-489D-8CD3-3E5C21A60CF8.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 21