Kimber Classic Select WSM Weight

Tuam76

FNG
Hey folks,

I have had Montana's in WSM and short non mag calibers. Even had a classic select in a 257 for a bit. Never really played with a classic select in a WSM configuration so I bought one.

First impression is the fit and finish is excellent!
Second impression is that it is much heavier than Montana .300 WSM. ...Heavier than I thought it would be.

Curious to know if anyone here hunts with a classic select in WSM or Magnum calibers and what are your thoughts?

WKR
I have a Kimber classic in .270 WSM and the stock is very nice. I like how the rifle fits as well. Never had any problems with it cycling the wsm cases. Mine weighs in at about 8 1/2 pounds scoped, which is about 2 lbs heavier then my Kimber hunter but still one of my lighter rifles.

OP
T

Tuam76

FNG
Thanks .270 for responding. That is close to what mine weighs. Mine does feed remarkably well also.

Scottyboy203

Lil-Rokslider
Is there any difference in the feel of the wsm and standard calibers. I love the slim feel of the standard calibers but just wondering if the wsm is much wider.

Subscribed. I have always thought those rifles looked really nice, but have never put my hands on one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tuam76

FNG
Yes for sure. The non mag calibers are built on a more slender action the 84 L and 84 M and and are really nice and light weight. The 8400 action is much more stout.