Kimber Hunter .270 Bolt Rattles

First post on Rokslide, been a lurker for a few years.

Just bought a Kimber Hunter in .270 and it feels like the bolt rattles around a lot with the safety on. Also has a lot of play when open. Is this normal? Only my second bolt gun, first rifle is a Howa 1500 and it’s quiet and locked in whether on safe or not.

I’ve read most of the Kimber modification threads but not finding anything about the rattle and noise.

Thanks in advance,

CoStick

WKR
That’s great, thank you. Haven’t had a chance to load/shoot it yet. Good to know it won’t be rattling around in the woods.
Mine don’t have enough play to make noise but they are not tight unless a round is loaded.

OP
Amos Moses
Mine don’t have enough play to make noise but they are not tight unless a round is loaded.
Finally had a chance to shoot it today and break in the barrel. When I bought it, the barrel wasn’t centered in the channel. I loosened the action screws and centered/re-torqued to the factory 65 in/lbs.

After the first shot today the barrel moved back to the left side of the channel. I could still slide a dollar through, but I’m concerned it’s touching and possibly causing accuracy issues.

Have you or anyone else had a similar issue with the Hunter stock? Wondering if I should get it bedded, or sent back to kimber for inspection.