Kimber Hunters for $550

Sled

WKR
Good price. Wish they had other calibers available for that price.

Sled

WKR
Keep an eye on their site. I got my 6.5 creed Hunter 2 years ago through them for $620 shipped.

That's what I'm looking for. 6.5cm

Not sure I can stomach the price of the Adirondack when it'll look like crap after a couple of hunts. The hunter is a real value at $600 and change.

OP
BigWoods

BigWoods

WKR
That's what I'm looking for. 6.5cm

Not sure I can stomach the price of the Adirondack when it'll look like crap after a couple of hunts. The hunter is a real value at $600 and change.
I'm with you on that. I took a spill crossing a partly frozen creek this last Monday (refreshing experience). My hunter was in hand and took the brunt of the fall, leaving a nice gouge in the forearm and butt; I think one or both of those would have resulted in denting or cracking with the carbon stock. For general toughness its hard to beat composite.

Sled

WKR
unless i'm tagged out or climbing up a cliff then my rifle or bow is at the ready. it's hell on the biceps but worth it to not squander an opportunity. that type of handling can be tough on a stock that is "thin skinned". i think i will look for a hunter and cut it down. i can always fall back on a tikka if it doesn't work out.:giggle: