Kimber MA .300 WSM

brsnow

WKR
I was interested in how effective the muzzle brake is on the .300 WSM. I am not concerned with noise as I wear ear protection while hunting brake or no brake. I am looking for an elk mountain rifle.

I have had good success with .308 and 7mm-08, but use lead free and want to extend my range to 500 yards.

I am looking at .270, .270 WSM and .300 WSM.

I have shoulder issues so prefer less impact, but understand risk/reward.

Thanks for the help

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a brand new mountain ascent 300wsm but I’ve yet to fire it, I’ve been so busy and working on getting other rifles set up.

• Banned
OP
B

brsnow

WKR
I have a brand new mountain ascent 300wsm but I’ve yet to fire it, I’ve been so busy and working on getting other rifles set up.

When you do fire it, let me know what you think. I would be using 175lrx or 165 ttsx if I did get one.

Sled

WKR
any of those will do. if your brake is good at reducing recoil i'd take the 300wsm. the unbraked 300win kimber MA i shot had a bit of thump to it. i wouldn't shoot it regularly unbraked.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
I had my Montana in 300wsm threaded and I threw the Kimber break on it, it works, but it’s not great, that barrel is too thin for standard threads.

Honestly the best thing to do on those guns for recoil is increase their mass with a fat scope. That carbon stock is already about as good as anything out there for recoil absorption/ergonomics.