Kimber Montana Misfires

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
I recently acquired a Kimber 84M Montana in 308 win. I am having a huge problems with misfires in both factory ammo and reloads. I called Kimber CS about the problem and they basically tried to say it was probably a bad batch of ammo.
Not much help offered. Has anybody else had similar problems and what was done to remedy it.

EastMT

WKR
I think it’s pretty common issue was the firing pin spring. Replaced one on dads for this issue as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I had a local gunsmith get one for me, as I was sure the necessary specs on the spring

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The Wolff springs are a tight fit, but work. I have only put 60 rounds through mine since installing one, no issue so far, but need to get a couple hundred through before swearing on it.

Firing pin protrusion is also pretty easy to adjust on Kimbers.

Look at the brass for sings of case/head separation as well. I have heard of a few Kimbers that had too much head space.

mmac

WKR
I had a similar issue with my 300 win. Sent it back and they were good about it. I thought they said the pin was too short on mine, but fixed it and sent it back and has been flawless since.

OP

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone. I called Kimberly today and ordered a new spring. Was hoping they would comp it but their charge wasn't excessive. Hope it works

Had that issue with an Adirondack. Replaced spring and still had issues. Ended up being excessive head space. Next step, go to gunsmith and have it measured.