Kimber Montana or Barrett Fieldcraft

OP
T

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Well shoot....still love the fit/feel of the Kimber but maybe should drink some of that Tikka Kool-Aid

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Go to www.gunbroker.com. It’s a waiting game sometimes but I bought my Kimber mountain ascent for $1400, subalpine for $1200 and Barrett Fieldcraft for $1350. All brand new and not “old new stock.” It seems to be the best place to find better deals.... go luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
Just picked up a Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor
With a 24”bbl. Very nice rifle. Under 5.5lbs
Can’t wait to get a set of Talley’s & Mount
My scope.

I have the same with green stock/black barrel. Looking forward to putting it to work. I like my kimbers as well

OP
T

turley

Lil-Rokslider
On Gunbroker what would you say would be a fair price offer on the Montana using the “Take a Shot” option?
Thanks

OP
T

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all for the advice and recommendations.
I finally made a decision and stopped procrastinating and ordered a Kimber Montana in 6.5 Creedmoor and topped it with Talley 1" one-piece low rings and a Swaro Z3 3-10X42 BRH scope.
Now it's just waiting until it arrives later this coming week.
Cheers

BjornF16

WKR
Turley, how about an update on your Kimber?

I’m looking at the Montana in 280 AI...

OP
T

turley

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the late reply.....
I'm very satisfied with the Montana. It's balanced, handles/shoulders well, and was moa after the initial barrel brake in and zeroing. It's more than accurate for my needs. I'm using the Hornady Superformance GMX 120gr as copper/monolithic is required in California and it's zeroed for 200yds (1.5" high at 100yds).
The only issue was the safety worked stiff but it has smoothed considerably after repeated cycling.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Sorry for the late reply.....
I'm very satisfied with the Montana. It's balanced, handles/shoulders well, and was moa after the initial barrel brake in and zeroing. It's more than accurate for my needs. I'm using the Hornady Superformance GMX 120gr as copper/monolithic is required in California and it's zeroed for 200yds (1.5" high at 100yds).
The only issue was the safety worked stiff but it has smoothed considerably after repeated cycling.

Yup, love the kimbers, CRF, 3 position safety, good triggers, good accuracy, nice stocks.