Kimber montana stock repair

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks man, surprised myself on this one. I used Krylon Marbelizing spray over Krylon green “camo” spray paint. Sealed it with clear coat. The clear came out a bit glossy but I’m sure a couple hunting trips should knock the shine right off. I had a green B&C stock on a Tikka a couple years ago and it feels dang near identical in finish. Definitely do some practice runs on cardboard first, it sprays fast.View attachment 183870
I didn’t realize they made anything like that in a rattle can. I was picturing some fancy airbrush job. I’ve painted so many stocks over the years and have never been completely satisfied. Anything from wrinkle paints to automotive trunk paint but nothing that would yield consistent results For a hunting stock. Always liked the web pattern but figured that was something only made possible in a factory situation. If you feel your stock came out to glossy you may want to try a matte clear. I’ve always used a Krylon Matte clear on my European mounts but sometimes it yellowed and this year I found a Rust-Oleum Matte Clear that turned out real nice....no sheen to it. You could probably just paint over your glossy finish.

Again, great job and glad Wapiti’s suggestion worked out for you....looks like you’re ready to hunt

Last edited:

Wapiti1

WKR
Excellent work. Really like the paint.

JES does good work and is pretty quick. That will be a sweet do-all rifle.

Any particular bullet or load you are looking at?

Jeremy

OP
CApighunter
Excellent work. Really like the paint.

JES does good work and is pretty quick. That will be a sweet do-all rifle.

Any particular bullet or load you are looking at?

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy! Being in California, we’re restricted to copper bullets only so I’m planning on trying the 210gr Barnes or the 205 gr Shock hammer from Hammer bullets. Barrel will get chopped to 21 inches when it gets rebored.