Kimber mountain ascent 280ai which scope

BjornF16

WKR
I have no experience with VX5/6.

The Trijicon glass seems to be on par with my 12 yr old NXS; not quite as good as my NX8; better than any of my Vortex scopes; better than my VX-R.

Of course, this is all subjective and I haven't run any visual chart testing.

The Trijicon glass seems to be on par with my 12 yr old NXS; not quite as good as my NX8; better than any of my Vortex scopes; better than my VX-R.

Fair enough, I looked through the nx8 4-32 at bass pro (glass looked great) ..... thanks for the insight I just have not been able to find much regarding trijicon scope durability/ tracking

A little late to the party but I have a 280ai Mtn Ascent. Originally had the VX5 3-15x44 which weighs about 20 oz. then I decided to drop back to the VX3 3.5-10 (13oz) recently. My rationale was/is that I bought this gun to be as light as possible. I’ve been on a weight shaving spell lately and this was an easy place to lose almost 1/2 pound and not sacrifice too much in performance. For the majority of MY shots (under 500) this scope works great. But just some of my thoughts.

How does the fit and finish of the scope feel ?

OP
S

Sako79

Lil-Rokslider
Just me, but I would have stayed with the 2.5-8X36 at about 11.5 oz. It's all the scope I need for the distances I'm willing to shoot game at.

Did the OP ever comment back on which way he went?
I ended up putting a vx-3i 3.5-10x40 cds-zl for a month then purchased a new vx-3hd 3.5-10x40 cds-zl and it's currently on my mountain ascent

Mubs

FNG
I have OP exact setup but with the leupold 3-15x44 vx5hd. Love it, weight is just right and very versatile