Kimber Open Country

I have someone interested in a trade. Not looking for evaluation of trade value, but does anyone have experience with this relatively new Kimber model?

I have one in 6.5 CM. I think its a pretty sweet, but here is my take. The "mini" CRF action has really grown on me and the stock is really pretty nice. However it doesn't really take full advantage of the action. It is made to be lightweight. You take that action and put it with a heavy ish barrel and beaver tail stock and you have heavy ish gun. It is right under MOA with 140 AB and 143 ELDX without any trouble. The trigger is very good and I find myself wanting to use it more and more. I have a CTR in 260 that is more accurate, but I would rather hunt with the Kimber if that tells you anything.

TomJoad

WKR
I'd have to agree with RickJames80, that's a lot of weight on a carbon stock. I have an 84M classic with a walnut stock that is nearly 1.5lbs lighter... Love Kimber rifles but I think this one could benefit from going on a diet.

It looks like the perfect candidate for a rebarrel with a proof or bartlein carbon fiber.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone with any more experience with these? Especially the carbon barrel model? Wish it would have a shorter 18" carbon barrel option and it'd be almost exactly like the fieldcraft. Doing a barrel swap could save almost a pound but at over $3k for the gun alone your looking at a $4k "semi" custom rifle which is a great way to waste a bunch of money