King of the Mountain Stairmaster Challenge

Jasper

FNG
I too am a flatlander prepping for a fall 10K hunt. Been on the weights and bike, you guys have me interested in StairMaster. Question - I have a knee with worn maniscus from too much running over the years, and it limits what I can do. Is StairMaster hard or easy on knees?

I've had two knee surgeries, end result is that almost all the cartilage behind my right kneecap is gone, and I'm missing about 70% of both the medial and lateral meniscus in my right knee. The stairmaster is my go-to for gym cardio, I love not having to deal with the impact of coming downhill.

It'll help get you in shape, but it's not the same as being outside.
Good luck.

jmcd22

WKR
I'll join...I usually do stairs after every workout. No clue where I have been lately...just go until I'm tired. I'll keep track today and post back.

First day above 60 here that I'm aware of...all of the resolution-ers were back at it again and the stairs were taken. I put 2 miles on the treadmill instead.

Bueker

FNG
Funny you posted this, I did the same thing today. No pack about a 1 minute warm up then speed 20, highest it goes for as long as I could go then I would slow it down for 45 seconds or so and back up. i did 32 minutes before I felt like puking

I am not a gym guy but for some reason I had to keep going back because someone else kept upping the highest floor count stored on the machine. If they beat today's number I will have to accept defeat as my legs are toast . Average hr was 176 high 192

I have noticed the total height seems to fluctuate for some reason. As I have had different total floors but same height? All I know is I need a couple days off.

Attachments

• 0605221526.jpg
    0605221526.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 31

joehew89

FNG
I'll revive this old thread.

The stairmaster is the devil. Been giving it go every week or so.

45# sand bag on the shoulders
30 min
*No Handrail*

164 floors

Yoder

WKR
I'm 50, 170lbs. No hands record so far is 2240 steps in 30 minutes. The only thing I like about the stairs is I think it builds mental toughness. It's mind numbing staying on that thing 30 minutes. Especially when you know you can quit and step off it at any time.

Billdoe

FNG
I'm 50, 170lbs. No hands record so far is 2240 steps in 30 minutes. The only thing I like about the stairs is I think it builds mental toughness. It's mind numbing staying on that thing 30 minutes. Especially when you know you can quit and step off it at any time.
Brunettes in yoga pants on the other machines in front of you help.

First full 30 mins back from MCL tear. Baby steps
332dbe06d14989d60f8226b07ea0363c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

180ls1

WKR
I'll revive this old thread.

The stairmaster is the devil. Been giving it go every week or so.

45# sand bag on the shoulders
30 min
*No Handrail*

164 floors

No hands is the key. The amount of people I see with locked-out arms supporting their bodyweight on cardio equipment is no bueno.