King of the Mountain Stairmaster Challenge

Today’s climb after my Sunday run, no rest days until the season starts now.
8ec6567ad1f98a08ae13423bb942b812.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carr5vols

WKR
How do you all get your negatives on the stairmaster? Going to be coming down with a lot more weight than going up.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Try step-ups on a 16” box. You’ll get the positives and negatives there. Just watch out for skinned shins when you are a 1/2” short on one of the step-ups...

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Good morning, Stairmaster Troopers:

Same personal stats as before
30:00 - 180 floors with 30# pack

e3be55e465349a18f1eba38bb5139216.jpg

If you’re a sick person and hate yourself, try the workout below. I’m still sore as hell from this last Thursday:
67e10308d63a48d437abaa7354f415a1.jpg

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Man I love this post!
I've been doing stairs 2x a week for the past 3 months as an augment to my normal cardio of the AMT and treadmill.
My stair work is the prescribed 30min with a 25lb pack. I make 145-150 floors.
I'm 40 y.o. , 6'1" and 305-315lbs.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I don’t even know if Jacack can be beat. Just for kicks, I maxed out my stairmaster today i the gym and level 20 is as high as is goes, 8.5 floors per minute. So even if I could run it at max speed for 30 minutes, which I can’t, I still couldn’t get more floors than he did. My hats off to him - that’s a serious athletic achievement, even without a pack.

Jacack

WKR
I don’t even know if Jacack can be beat. Just for kicks, I maxed out my stairmaster today i the gym and level 20 is as high as is goes, 8.5 floors per minute. So even if I could run it at max speed for 30 minutes, which I can’t, I still couldn’t get more floors than he did. My hats off to him - that’s a serious athletic achievement, even without a pack.

Funny you posted this, I did the same thing today. No pack about a 1 minute warm up then speed 20, highest it goes for as long as I could go then I would slow it down for 45 seconds or so and back up. i did 32 minutes before I felt like puking

I am not a gym guy but for some reason I had to keep going back because someone else kept upping the highest floor count stored on the machine. If they beat today's number I will have to accept defeat as my legs are toast . Average hr was 176 high 192

I have noticed the total height seems to fluctuate for some reason. As I have had different total floors but same height? All I know is I need a couple days off.

Attachments

• 20190807_125859.jpg
    20190807_125859.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 37
OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Funny you posted this, I did the same thing today. No pack about a 1 minute warm up then speed 20, highest it goes for as long as I could go then I would slow it down for 45 seconds or so and back up. i did 32 minutes before I felt like puking

I am not a gym guy but for some reason I had to keep going back because someone else kept upping the highest floor count stored on the machine. If they beat today's number I will have to accept defeat as my legs are toast . Average hr was 176 high 192

I have noticed the total height seems to fluctuate for some reason. As I have had different total floors but same height? All I know is I need a couple days off.

I dunno. The jealous part of me, the part that is humiliated by your numbers, wants to believe that your machine needs to be calibrated! On the Matrix stairmasters I use, they are all the same. Level 15-16 is 7 floors per minute, about 110 steps per minute. Level 20 is maximum, 8.5 floors per minute, right at 136 steps per minute. They are all consistent, even at different gyms. I’m not familiar with the one you are using, but if I find one, I’ll test it out!

Btaylor

WKR
I dunno. The jealous part of me, the part that is humiliated by your numbers, wants to believe that your machine needs to be calibrated! On the Matrix stairmasters I use, they are all the same. Level 15-16 is 7 floors per minute, about 110 steps per minute. Level 20 is maximum, 8.5 floors per minute, right at 136 steps per minute. They are all consistent, even at different gyms. I’m not familiar with the one you are using, but if I find one, I’ll test it out!

I am not to the point I can stay on ours at level 20 for 32 seconds much less 32 minutes. Thats freakin beast mode. Impressive stuff guys!!

If his machine is reading right Jacack is the undisputed "King of the Mountain". In fact he's at the top glassing while I'm just starting to go uphill....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk