King of the Mountain vs Silent Predator Wool

Hello! I’m currently in the market for a set of wool bibs and jacket, and I’ve narrowed it down to these two companies. Which company produces the higher quality product? I noticed that the Silent Predator wool is blended with cotton.
I’ve looked around for a good review or comparison on the web, but I can’t find anything conclusive.
I’m willing to pay a premium if the King of the Mountain is substantially higher performance.
All input is appreciate, thank you!

Brendan

WKR
Have heard great things about Silent PRedator, but heard some intel lately they'd lost one of their wool suppliers (Maybe just the Green Check pattern?) and at the very least weren't going to be able to produce with that going forward. Can't remember if that was going to shut them down though or affect the rest of their line.

Cheezhd

FNG
Hello,I've had all the king of the mountain wool, and still currently own,the wind stopper line hooded jacket, bowman Jacket, bunwarmer pants, hillbilly bibs.the heaviest is the stand master series,but is heavy,but it's solid for keeping warm if your planning on sitting in a stand in some of the coldest wisconsin late season deer hunts!what are you looking for as far as hunting conditions?

apples and oranges.
KOM’s closest competitor or peer is sleeping Indian. I prefer the slimmer cut of sleeping Indian pants, so I have a mixed bag. Clearly, this is for stationary hunting—heavy and runs hot with activity.

I bought 5piece set of silent predator a few years ago and felt it was good stuff but, cerrtainly didn’t compare to the above for cold weather sitting and didn’t bring anything to the table over my first lite sets for warmer or more active pursuits.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
I have many pieces of King of the Mountain. Not sure of all of the items names, but have the heavy parka, light weight wool pants, bow hunter shirt. Used the gear all over the Yukon, NWT, WY, CO,UT,NM, it’s been warm and reliable on some pretty extreme hunts . The lighter weight items are great for layering.

Louied

FNG
Silent Predator wool is supplied by Pendleton and never seen their product in green plaid.Do your home work as the King of the mountain that people are talking about sounds like the old wool and I believe the wool has changed in their new product.

Brendan

WKR
Silent Predator Green plaid is (was?) custom for BigWoodsBucks(and maybe others?). Looks like the supplier was American Woolen Company.

They used to have a lot more listed, but as said they at least lost that supplier was the rumor.

Last edited:

Dskinn

FNG
Following. I’m returning to the hunt after thirty years away. Mostly trad bow. Gear technology has advanced wayyyyy beyond my comprehension and wallet. I’m looking for lightweight wool upland pants and a parka to layer. Other than Filson I’m not seeing much out there. Haven’t known of Silent Predator, so I’m appreciative of the suggestions.