Kings over sitka. Am I crazy?

Hey guys. I know everyone is big into clothing here so i figured this would be the place to ask. I have ran sitka for the past 3 years in my deer hunting woods of the northeast from early to late-ish season(about 20 degrees) and have had fantastic results. However, when I moved to SC last year. I had most of my sitka stuff in storage and tried a friends King’s Camo gear. The early season gear was simple and cost effective and I think I stayed as dry and comfortable in it as my sitka early season pieces. Into the late season. I tried his xkg jacket and pants with a puffy insulation piece and it held up as good as my stratus outfit with a Celsius insulation piece for literally half the cost. Since I am not a mountain hunter yet or extended stay hunter, do i feel this way because I have never pushed my clothing to the limit or depended on it for multiple days at a time? Let me know if you guys have any experience with kings and if you think its worth it to get more variety from them for the same price as a few sitka pieces.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I bought a couple pair of the Kings Hunter pants as backups to my Microtex Lite, but they seem very much like plastic to me. They swish when I walk, they're loud, they're not very comfortable.......I was expecting just normal poly type material like the soft Microtex, but they are definitely not that.

I have a pair of the preacher pants. They have some noise when legs rub together. It’s a stretchy athletic type 100% poly material. Less than half price of kuiu attack when I bought mine. I like the built in knee pads when using saddle or hunting from ground . Good amount of ventilation for warm weather.
holds up well enough to brush.

Ralphie

WKR
I hunt with guys every year that are head to toe sitka or whatever. I’m in stuff that costs 25% or less. If they have a big advantage over me I haven’t seen it. It’s fine but not worth the price for me. I do have a sitka base layer shirt I bought for really cheap and I like it at more reasonable price points.

Rob5589

WKR
I wear all Kings for my hunting clothes. I have been 100% pleased with the XKG line. I get great deals through Guidefitter as well. I can't wear merino due to skin issues and never have any problem wearing the Kings stuff for several days. I recently was hunting and jabbed my leg twice on some busted tree limbs. Broke the skin but didn't puncture the pants.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I watched a friend walking up a hillside wearing Kings. He was reflecting sunlight like a mirror. I texted him and told him to get out of the sun lol. Kings sells at a good price point, but technically they've got a ways to go to match some of the better brands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love kings xkg pants for early season, slightly swishy but they handle blackberrys. Their tops breathe well, and their jackets are super nice for a goody price. Late season I'm all kuiu due to rain though.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We pay a lot for small differences. If it fits your budget to go Kings, do it!

I’ve loved the durability/funtion of the Sitka Apex line

Venom One

WKR
Their XKG stuff is really good quality and you can't beat the value. Their cheaper stuff isn't very good IMO. I have an XKG pull-over that I wear all the time - easily one of my favorite pieces.

I have a pair of the XKG pants and they've held up well. May not be my first choice for late season but they breath and stretch well and have held up to well hiking and range use.