Kitchen Game Shears

Grumman

WKR
I’m in the market for some kitchen game shears. I’ve shopped around on Amazon but nothing really stood out. I’d like to have some to cut up game birds, small game, etc. Do any of all have a pair that you would highly recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I have Henkel and Kershaw. I prefer the Kershaw because of the curve at the pivot area....makes bird bones a non issue.

redwing10

FNG
My wife has been using a pair of Cutco's for 35 years. She is on her second pair. 1st pair we sent back to have sharpen for free and that's when she bought a second pair. I got the 1st pair for when I go bird hunting. We us them everyday. She likes them for cutting a turkey butterfly style, works great

PNWGATOR

WKR
Anytime I dink around with kitchen stuff I take a look at what America’s Test Kitchen/Cook’s Illustrated has done with the item. Provides a good starting point if nothing else.
For example:
cooksillustrated.com/articles/660-testing-kitchen-shears

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Anytime I dink around with kitchen stuff I take a look at what America’s Test Kitchen/Cook’s Illustrated has done with the item. Provides a good starting point if nothing else.
For example:
cooksillustrated.com/articles/660-testing-kitchen-shears

#truegatherer

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
I use Gerber game shears. Had the same pair for several years and processed lots of quail witht them. Simple design, and clean up is real easy since they come apart with minimal effort.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the Jero Stainless Steel shears from pampered chef for the last 10 years and they have been great (only about $20). Used them on rabbits, ducks, and big canada geese with no problem.

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Thanks guys you all provided lots of great options I hadn’t seen. After a lot of patience I finally nabbed a NIB set of Cutco shears at a discount from that auction site. It’ll be our first Cutco product so wanted to give them a try. Should be here Friday so I’ll have to cook some poultry this weekend and give them a try.

Specialk

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had really good luck with these...https://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Shears-and-Snips/multipurpose-garden-shears#
Sharp, easy to clean

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Now that we’ve had the Cutco scissors for a while I can say they are fantastic. They do an excellent job and we find we use them so much more than we thought. Where we would grab a knife to open a bag or something before my wife now grabs these. They do great on chicken and turkey spatchcock. I can’t imagine these things not lasting a lifetime.

skip the outdoor edge ones. They come in that neato green plastic kit. The explode in your hand when you try to cut duck wings off.

Hi all. I have encountered similar shearers. I have a farm. Moreover, I had identical scissors. They are very durable but not the most comfortable. Hello all, fascinating discussion. I want to share with you a fantastic event in my life. I bought myself some very fancy pruning shears. Now I have a lot of fun using them. It's just before. I could not work for a long time because of the blisters on my hands when I use them for a long time. But now, my hands are a pleasure to hold them in my hand. I just really wanted to share it with someone because, for me, it's an event. I'm free from the torment. Thank you for listening.
https://www.hausandgarten.com/products/haus-garten-classic-titanium-bypass-pruning-shears

Last edited: