Klimit Inertia sleeping pad under 10oz

muleman

WKR
It definitely has the cool factor. Have any side sleepers tried it out? How much volume does it take up in your sleeping bag? some of my bags are too tight to put anything beside my body in them.

I haven't looked at it since I tend to rotate from back to side to side when sleeping and it doesn't look comfortable for side sleepers. I'm considering replacing my 25" BA IAC with an Exped Downmat UL 7 LW.

Segan

FNG
DOTMAN,

I used one last season and loved it. I hunt the early season up in the high country. The area I like hunting the most is one hell of a hike in no trails and 3800 ft of elevation gain. Water is tough to come by and my pack is loaded with more water than I should pack but I have run out before and thats a horrible thing. My point is the weight is awesome and if your sleeping on a steep hillside that your chasing your pad all night your not getting anysleep. I have put mine in my bag and it works. Im thinking that if a side sleeper wouldnt be very comfortable though. Its way small to the size of a pop can.

Klymit is making some really cool stuff and I have been using the Inertia X Frame since last fall. They work great for guys who are looking to cut down on weight and also free up some pack space. As for side sleepers, Klymit unfortunately is not the best choice. The sleeping pad is body mapped to support the main contact points of your figure when laying on your back and the "void" spaces are cut out to reduce the weight of the pad. Overall though, Klymit is a comfy alternative if you sleep on your back. Feel free to call with questions or shoot me a pm if you like.

http://www.storycreekinc.com/m-62-klymit-inertia-sleeping-pads.aspx

Mike
Story Creek Inc

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Mike thanks, if I do decide to give it a try i'll let you know. So far I haven't read anything negative on it.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I looked at this thinking that it might be a way to significantly reduce weight, but it only weighs 2.7oz less than the regular sized Exped UL7. Additionally, the Klymit is 1.5 inches thick compared to the UL7 at 2.8".

While I know that ounces add up to pounds, I think that a better night's sleep is worth packing an extra 2.7 oz.

horseshoe

FNG
i'm on a tight budget. anyone have experience with the klymit static v? it's a little heavier at 20 oz. @ 2.5", but only $59. i am a side sleeper as well.

ams

WKR
I ordered the interia for me and the static v for my wife. This way i'll get to try both out! I sleep on my back and want to try the interia while also using a cut down solite thermarest. Hopefully the weight for the two will be under 24 oz and pretty comfortable.

ams

WKR
Got my interia today and messed around with it. As long as it holds up it will be plenty comfortable for me. It really does pack down small. I think I will try their pillow too and cut the solite down to a 65inch length while the pillow supplements the rest. I got two interias instead of one and a static v so I'll have to get that sorted out too.

Rizzy

WKR
I almost chose to get a Klymit over the Neoair last season when I upgraded from a foam pad. The Klymit is very appealing because it is light, compact, and priced right. Ultimately I wanted a more substantial R-value for colder weather so I went with the Neoair.

The Klymit is still appealing to me, especially for summer scouting and warmer weather. This might be a good pad to get for my wife ;)