Klymit X-frame sleeping pad

ktowncamo

WKR
It's on Camofire this morning. Camo is sold out, yellow remains available. Funny how that is since the only person that might see the color of your sleeping pad is your hunting buddy who likely doesn't care if it's camo or bright yellow.

I have one of these and at a 9oz or so it's a dream in the pack. Sleeping on it was fine for me, but I'm primarily a back sleeper. If you're a side sleeper, save yourself the cold experience and get a full pad. The frame style is supposed to work no matter if you side sleep or back/stomach, but I rolled over one night last hunting season while in a somewhat uncomfortable bivy spot and about an hour later woke up with the side of my arm and shoulder wicked cold.

Sometimes items like these makes you ask if it is really gear or if it's more gadget/gizmo.

Anyone else had some experience with this pad?

Pass-n-Thru

Lil-Rokslider
Not a good insulator. also the patchkit is a turn off for me. Usually means they expect it to pop. Neo Air all the way!

My Klymit static V is very durable. And I slept on it with no comfort problems whatsoever. I was about 270 at the time and it didn't deflate and I didn't use a ground sheet. It also comes in at 23 inches wide. Its 18 oz and is 60 bucks. I'd pick the staticv over the Xframe anyday.

ams

WKR
I really like mine. I used it on a 3 day last season on slept great. I'm a back sleeper but had no issues on my sides really either. For cold weather I use it on top of a thermarest z-lite. I made some small holes in the z-lite, two on top two on bottom, and lash them together for colder stuff. I also let a little air out and it comforms pretty good.

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Got it in the mail today tried it out in my bag wasn't bad but felt a little weird. Put it under my bag and damn near fell asleep! Even felt comfy on my side. I'd leave my thermarest ridgerest at home and save a few ounces but it doubles as a seat so I'm taking both. Somewhere around 18oz together I can live with that.