Knee Pad Recommendations?

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of those and the price. i might have to try a pair. I have some pants with knee pads but they seem to hang to low on me. I thinking a external knee pad would work better.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding them and I can check to see if my local surplus place still has them. They had a boatload of them last time I was there, but that was months ago.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Those look like elbow pads....

Definitely knee. I’m 6’5” and 220lbs. If these are elbow pads, I don’t want to meet the man that can wear them.

Attachments

• 5F6C9A73-15BC-4100-A505-3DC063B98D30.jpeg
    5F6C9A73-15BC-4100-A505-3DC063B98D30.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 20

Rich M

WKR
I think there a lot of us that would disagree with those assessments !

Different experiences I suppose.

Maybe it's cause of the hunt locations? I did one of those * hunts where if the goats were 400-500 yards out, they were closer to someone else...

I'll be back out there and will have my cheap knee pads and heavy leather gloves in case I have to crawl. Maybe will get to use them next time?

Different experiences I suppose.

Maybe it's cause of the hunt locations? I did one of those * hunts where if the goats were 400-500 yards out, they were closer to someone else...

I'll be back out there and will have my cheap knee pads and heavy leather gloves in case I have to crawl. Maybe will get to use them next time?
Age, in this case, can have a lot to do with that - Before my knee replacements I "could get by" without pads often by being careful, now with the knees it's "no way jose'" on that - Gloves, I use thinner elk hide or deer hide from Home Depot or Lowe's, around $20 pair and carry them in my pocket a lot too, just have them when needed - WY, much of MT and states all over have that "bite, stick & sting" landscape, it pays to be prepared

Rich M

WKR
Age, in this case, can have a lot to do with that - Before my knee replacements I "could get by" without pads often by being careful, now with the knees it's "no way jose'" on that - Gloves, I use thinner elk hide or deer hide from Home Depot or Lowe's, around $20 pair and carry them in my pocket a lot too, just have them when needed - WY, much of MT and states all over have that "bite, stick & sting" landscape, it pays to be prepared

That has to make a big diff, crawling around with replaced knees. Kudos for doing it!

I'm not exactly a young buck, but not a full head of grey yet either. Got 1 more antelope hunt in me, hoping for a better unit this time.

elkduds

WKR
Volleyball kneepads hang down around my ankles, so I don't sweat under them until I deploy them for crawling. Like others noted above, I'd rather wear out cheap knee pads than expensive pants knees.

Buzby

WKR
I was issued those military knee pads. Not even in the same league as the arc’teryx ones I’m running now. Those were huge, bulky, hot, don’t stay in place well, and feel restrictive. I really don’t know how the arc’teryx one work so well, but they do. They do a way better job of comfortably isolating your knees from what’s under them. They’re as minimal as can be. Even walking in them, they’re comfortable, non restrictive, and stay in place.

My buddy and I will be hunting antelope in NE Wyoming during rifle season. What do you guys recommend for knee pads? I know there are various options and materials (plastic, fabric, etc.) available but would like some thoughts based on experience. I'd prefer to not break the bank with this purchase.

Also, do you think elbow pads are a necessity as well?

Thanks in advance!
I never thought knee pads were a necessity until I bought my first pair of Sitka pants with them built in. Now I won’t hunt out west without them! They are a serious game changer. Spend the extra money and get some quality gear like Sitka or Kuiu. You won’t be disappointed.